Service query

Hi,

Just a quick question, probably been asked before but searching turns up nothing. I have a VRs and wonder if there is a service interval? My last car was a Ford Fiesta and the dealer recommended two minor then a major service, repeating 2 minor, 1 major thereafter. Is this similar with the Fab or is it usually 1 minor and then major following?

Just got back to work this month and hoping I can do a minor as I have other things to sort at the same time.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

Read the service book/manual, its all covered in detail and will show you what's been done and allow you to work out what's due, for the most part it's an oil/filter change every 10k but a few items are due on time/distance, whatever it hits first eg 60k or 4 years for the timing belt, brake fluid every 3 years etc.

Every 10k or 12 months

Odds are lube services, evens are inspections services.

Pollen filters every 20k, fuel and air filters every 40k

Brake fluid every 2 years

Cambelt 60/80k (depending on who you believe, trust me it's 80k) or four years (Skoda UK recommendation)

Read the service book/manual, its all covered in detail

... but apparently since it was printed Skoda have changed their recommended service schedule - although they cannot (or have refused) to supply me with written details. The Service book CLEARLY says the car needs an Annual Inspection Service. Skoda assure me "annual" in that context means every TWO years...

brake fluid every 3 years etc.

Two years - typo?

Its only recently they have started to get competitive and offer fixed pricing strategy. Up to this point I would have said who cares as you could still go to an independant and just do a major service for their price of a minor :rofl:

Unless you are one of the saddos that cherishes every golden star in the service book from the dealer mark. Keep the car for as long as possible and then the service stamp gold house point book means nothing as you are just running your car to the ground. It will be worth bugger all at that point dealer service serviced or not anyway (ok maybe a bit more traded in but not much and certainly not to the value of money you have haemorrhaged at the dealers )

• Like 2

I see post 3, was just seeing if its actually true. just 40k seems rather high for an air filter. Mines done around 9k since I replaced and I was going to replace it again soon but I haven't checked it for a while to be honest to see its current state.