DPF regeneration

patnmand

Hopefully an easy question to answer. I notice lots of comments on here about the DPF regenerating all the time. My question is - how do you know when it's happening? Does the light come on? Does the car behave differently? My previous Superb had a DPF, and the Yeti obviously has one too, but I've never seen the light come on, so I'm guessing something else happens?

Its ment to be seamless but some people can tell, it will just be a slight lack of power when it does it,

Alot depends on what sort of driving you do and how you drive, if car live on motorway then you will prob not do it very often as if you were doing alot of town driving ansd stop starting it would do it more

my Yeti, idles at 1,000 rpm when regen is active, it also puts the electric fans on full and contrary to volvomeg the throttle is slightly more responsive, I was told by Audi when I had the A4 that the timing is advanced, the EGR is closed off and the injection pattern is changed so as to get the DPF up to around 660'C so as to burn off the debris caught in it. iirc the DPF usually runs at 330'C ish

I have noticed it ticking over a 1000rpm from time to time so I guess that's it. The Superb (which was DSG) used to start holding on to lower gears and changing down really early when that happened, which was really irritating. I guess that was what was going on. I can live with the fast tickover periodically on the Yeti if that's the only manifestation.

Thanks all

You may also find that the engine fan keeps running after you have turned off the ignition. Don't worry about this. I've been driving 140's for over 3 years and had no problems apart from a sensor failing and giving a false DPF warning light. I don't know if 110's have more problems.

James I,patanmand and yetifabia.

+1+1+1

With my 110 it has only been noticeable when stopped; 1000rpm then fans running and hot smell when turned off. My mileage is fairly low (10k in 20 months) but no other effects noticed nor any warning lights.

BTW it has only happened 4 times over that period.

Fred

I'm on my 2nd VAG DPF black pump oil burner, so far no lights or complaints. My 1.6CR DPF Seat Ibiza SC (cracking little car by the way) was more prone to an active regen every few hundred miles or so in winter but no problems at all. I have only noticed 3 active regens in nearly 4K miles with the 2.0 CR in the Yeti. When I notice a regen by a high idle when the engine is warm I just carry on driving hanging on to a lower gear for a while. The Yeti is such a great drivers car so a few more minutes behind the wheel is no problem for me. :happy: Not noticed any difference in MPG either. My advice, drive it, enjoy it and have fun. This is one fun car to drive and enjoy regardless of engine or drive layout. Skoda thew a double six when they released the Yeti into the wild.