2nd fog light

I know this is an age old problem, but was just wondering if any body has mastered it as would really like mine to work. Come across several rtc's this week & the extra light to the rear would be great whilst i'm lending assistance

Presume you mean activating it?

It's a tick box in VCDS. I can't remember exactly where it is. I'll try to check later, but search this forum and I'm sure you'll find it.

I recall something about its vcds on the pre-fl only for the fl the wiring is actually missing (although the buld is present).

I could be wrong as I can't seem to find it now

I recall something about its vcds on the pre-fl only for the fl the wiring is actually missing (although the buld is present).

The bulb doubles up as a tail light so yes the bulb is always present.

In theory it can be done with vcds on a pre fl model.

It's in 9 - Central electrics then long coding byte 03 and 04, while you're at it you can go to byte 17 and activate emergency brake lights (brake lights flash when you brake hard...not sure if this works)

I say in theory, as I haven't got mine to work, but I think I missed doing the byte 04 bit.

Cheers silver, checked out the link but it looks as though he has got it working but is unsure how he did it!!

Don't really fancy messing about with codes etc until im sure it will work

Not just "iffy" on the FL.

I've never actually seen proof it's possible. Plenty of people claiming but go silent on further investigation. Plenty of people "know someone" or have "read it's possible" but I'm still actually yet to see a FL with the second light activated.

Assuming the CANBUS on the car is coded in the factory depending on which market the car ends up in (left or right hand drive) I'd be very suprised if at least being able to swap the function from left to right wasn't at least possible.

Judging by the vast array of options on DRL's for example then I'd be equally suprised if the option for both rear fogs being on also wasn't available.

The problem here is the limitations of the dealers software and VCDS / VAG-COM.

It'll be possible, just not by 'us'.

I'm not sure how many of you are brave enough to venture over to the Yeti forum but there was a thread on there where it was identified that the only way to do it was to physically change out the bulb holder and wire them up yourself. This seems like an oversight by Skoda to me if its true.

There are plenty of people (Armed Forces for example) who buy cars in one market and take them over to another. Being able to alter which side of the car the foglight illuminates would seem a pretty sensible option to include to me.

I think like you say it will be possible but would include adjusting some weird numbers outside of the long coding helper etc.

Was very easy on my pre-FL and just seems silly to not be the same on the FL!

Phil

There are plenty of people (Armed Forces for example) who buy cars in one market and take them over to another. Being able to alter which side of the car the foglight illuminates would seem a pretty sensible option to include to me.

I have the Fogs swapped at present via the dealer software - this has been done by code not hardwired. I have friends that have hardwired purely to pass the lights test but this usually brings up bulb error on CANBUS. I would be more than happy for someone to scan the car with VCDS when I am next back in the UK.

So it is possible to swap from one side to the other, but can it be coded so that both come on together?

Surely this would be the better option as then you don't need to have it coded to the other side each time you return back to Germany / the UK.

No idea which version of VAS - if this was possible with VCDS I would purchase straight away as it is far cheaper than taking the car to the dealer; however, the dealer here is awesome and swapped the fogs FOC as I was buying some longlife top up oil.

I intially tried wiring it up but they would only stay on for 5-10 seconds before theyd turn off and canbus light came on, so ended up just wirinf them over so my left came on and my right stayed off, but i am going to try another wiring method see if i can both to come on and stay on,

This link on youtube (recall seeing it posted on here previously) appears to have done it with VAS505x rather than VCDS.

Yer - I remember that to.

However still nobody in the community here nor on the popular German forums have managed it.

We have a single video with no follow up and no actual information on how to do it. It's really no different to somebody saying "yer I've done it".

It's still not something anyone seems to know how to activate.

If you go to youtube and look at his comments......

"Unfortunately, it's not a matter of coding, you can't do it with VCDS. To enable both rear fog lights? you have to change the EEPROM of BCM, and this is possible only with VAS505x V18 or above (UDS is mandatory)."

So, back to square 1.

(Unless you have a pre-FL :) :) )