Snow fall time lapse

TriggerFish

Very good idea (wish I'd thought if that).

What interval did you capture the pictures at and what frame rate did you play back at?

What caused the blue flashes on the cars at the start?

Very good idea (wish I'd thought if that).

What interval did you capture the pictures at and what frame rate did you play back at?

What caused the blue flashes on the cars at the start?

The photos were taken at 10 second intervals. The blue flashes were the Wi-Fi control lights for the camera reflecting off the window it was behind. I a) forgot about it flashing and b ) hoped it might have been clever enough to sync the flashes and the shutters.

Frame rate I'll check and get back to you on.

haha - you caught someone swiping snow from the boot of the BMW at the end. :D

That was me, I left something I needed in the boot (including my ice scrapers!) :(

Very clever video, what period of time does the video cover.

Thanks - it was running from 6pm to about 3pm ish. Covered though is from I'd guess around 5-6am until 3pm was nothing happened during the night.

Edited by TriggerFish

what frame rate did you play back at?

There's about 3,000 frames in there and it's 50 seconds long, so 3,000/50 = 60FPS? Or is that over simplifying it?

I imported into Premier Pro (CS6) and changed it to 250% speed for most of the video, then slowed it down to 200% once the children started playing, but I don't know what frame rate CS6 uses as default. Hope that helps in some way?

If have expected 24 fps which I believe is the English TV standard.

I was more interested in the original interval the picturs were taken at as I'm thinking if doing something similar.

I just adjusted the duration in CS6 to get it to a speed where it looked good. The encoding of the output file was at 25fps if that's helpful?

Oh, sorry - that was 10 seconds in between each photo. I think I mentioned that above?

I tried one at .5 second intervals and it was pretty pointless - there was only a tiny change per frame, and it ate into my memory much faster (20 times more data per 10 second period, so not great for longer durations).