New To Skoda, My Monte.

Hey,

Just thought I would introduce myself, with some questions of course! haha.

Just got a brand new Monte Carlo 1.2 TSI 105. Had a Seat Ibiza 1.6 SC before (2009) but traded it in towards the new Monte as I was having several issues with it. Loving the Skoda, and the 1.2 TSI engine is a delight. Got around 600 miles on it now, and averaging around 46MPG, which is a massive improvement over the old 1.6 I had. I expect this to go up over time as the engine gets loose and the weather gets better.

Some questions I have if you guys wouldn't mind answering since I'm new to Skoda.

1. DLR's, any point in changing them to LED's or is it not worth the hassle? I have had a search and looked on the forum.

2. Oil, in the book it recommends to let the engine settle for a few minutes when warm, and then check it. I have always thought its to get done when cold?

3. Performance Filter, would it worth investing in a good K&N or Pipercross filter for the 1.2 TSI engine?

Look to be a good contributor to the forum and getting to know you all, cheers. I have attached a picture of my Monte, but nothing you all haven't seen before.

post-97940-0-73902300-1359057052_thumb.jpg

Great car!

I've got the same Monte in the Anthracite Grey with also only 600 miles on it.

However i'm averaging about 37mpg, but that might be something with these highland scottish backroads....

Enjoy.

I have a monte to mine is usley in the 40's consistsnly (86 tsi) i did manage to 54 at one point lol

Yep do as thenbook says iirc its due to when the oils warm it expands, so by checking it when warm it helps avoid overfilling.

Some people try to get it on the max pin. But i try and keep it mid way 3/4s at most (easier to fill up then drain)

LED's is preferance i personally havent as most LED bulbs ive seen look wierd and unsightly look things (the bulbs themselves)

So have left the standard bulbs in.

Panel filter agsin prefrance i had one in an old vectra didnt feel it made any real differece. Plus i personally feel its better to avoid changing things like this during a warranty period. (Not saying you cant or shouldnt just my personal veiw)

Hi mate,

Great looking car, lights are personal preference, yes do the oil when warm, and I would not bother with the air filter ,you won't notice any real difference and it will get a little noisier. Anyway, welcome to the forum

Enjoy!.

Pleased to see you now have your Monte, looks very good; have one just like it :giggle:

We're keeping ours stock with no mods other than the fitting of nightbreaker+ headlight bulbs.

Enjoy,

TP

Great car!

I've got the same Monte in the Anthracite Grey with also only 600 miles on it.

However i'm averaging about 37mpg, but that might be something with these highland scottish backroads....

Enjoy.

Similar to us then, my good lady is getting mid to high 30's on the 6 mile rural back road run to work and low to mid 40's on longer runs. Very much as we did with the previous Elegance TSI 85.

TP

Thanks for the welcome!

Changed the headlights for Osram Nightbreakers, as the standard ones weren't that good, and also adjusted them slightly.

MPG is getting better, got 52MPG on a 70 mile trip the other day there, mostly motorway.

Question about the MDI connection. When I'm using it, sometimes when you go to change track or browse the iPod it stops responding and won't allow you to browse different playlists or change track. Then the MDI connection drops and disappears from the SWING headunit. Any ideas guys?

Also I have been using the AUX socket with my iPhone as I use Spotify, and there is a slight crackle at times through the AUX socket. Don't think its my iPhone.

You guys thing the SWING heat unit is a bit funny?

I never had a issue using the MDI or Aux and a demoi got to use when collect and delivering customers/cars.

I did have an issue where my iphone stopped talking to my kenwood via its usb (similer principal to the MDI) a quick reset of my iphone solved it.

These both sound like dicky cables / connections, might be worth trying to borrow a diffferent set of cables & try, if you still have the issue then ask the dealer to check the connections.

SWMBO has the swing radio in her Fabia SE, it is a basic unit that will take a bit if getting used to, specially if you are used to something more complex.

I upgraded the running lights on swmbo's citygo

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/256926-running-light-upgrade-for-black-whites-citygo/

read through, I got the wrong bulbs to start with, then sorted it... pics arn't very good, but the bulbs I got are still "normal" bulbs but LED look white light, and look way better than the dull yellow glow of the normal bulbs, and don't cause any canbus issues :)

I upgraded the running lights on swmbo's citygo

http://www.briskoda....-whites-citygo/

read through, I got the wrong bulbs to start with, then sorted it... pics arn't very good, but the bulbs I got are still "normal" bulbs but LED look white light, and look way better than the dull yellow glow of the normal bulbs, and don't cause any canbus issues :)

Thanks for that. I'm going to order the same lights. I have had a search, but wanted to ask you just to be sure. Will these fit in the DRL socket on the Fabia? Is the fitment P21W or something?