Morning bong

Llanigraham

Strange one this morning, and not the first time I've heard it.

Went out to start the car this morning. Press the remote and open the passenger door to release the screen cover, and I get a deep sounding "bong" as I open the door. Open the drivers door and nothing heard.

Last time I heard it was when we were moving and had left the rear doors open for a long time. On reopening later the same bong.

Only thing I can think of is low battery, as this morning it was -6 and I hadn't started the car for probably 5 days.

Any ideas?

WRC, no, as that only works when you turn the ignition on. This "bong" was quite definately when I opened the passenger door first.

Bobby, gave that up many, many years ago.

Graham the Aged Hippy.

• Like 1

Not the bluetooth connecting ?

Don't have BT

Morning bong? Prefer a morning bonk myself! :angel:

Bob...............

And not at 0430 as I'm off to work!

Ive had the deep bong sound when i have had the radio on(without engine on) ,after a while it bongs.

Radio turned off, and as said, no ignition turned on.

Bob, can you bring me back half a case of a nice red Loire type please?

Peter, no, that would be "ding dong" but not in a Leslie Phillips voice! How you doing for breakfast ceral?

• Like 1

Bob, can you bring me back half a case of a nice red Loire type please?

Are you coming to Norfolk to collect it? Not much space - car stacked to the gunwales with ski gear!

I only read the thread to find out how long before "someone" kicked taste into touch and the innuendo or double entendre kicked in.

Woman walked into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one. And I always thought that innuendo was an Italian suppository? Bad taste enough for you?

• Like 2

I had it on the sharan the other day and put it down to the light switch being on, but they turn off automatically when locked.

Or don't you get this if the alarm has been triggered?

No alarm triggered, no lights left on.

It's a mystery.

Wonder if will do it when I leave here in half an hour.

Watch this space.

LOL . In other words f**k off and get yer own!!

One up to the Dog!

That's harsh ... I'll happily share a bottle with the old bugger next time he's over this way.