how do I remove fabia 1.4 engine cover?

Depends on the engine, the 16 Valve ones the cover pulls off as above, the 8 Valve MPi engines it is bolted on with 10mm nuts, some are under plastic caps, one is under the Skoda badge.

my answer contained more inneuendo though :(

If it's the MPI one, once off stick it in the bin and use the spare oil cap clipped in underneath the cover :)

Note there are two different 1.4s. One is badged mpi which is 8v. The other is badged 16v. 8v is a Skoda-designed engine, the 16v is a VW-desiged engine.

Edited by anewman
  • Like 1

The Favorit and Felicia use that exact oil cap. It probably provides a better seal than the engine cover one to be honest. There are definitely no issues using that cap unless your engine has a serious fault which causes it to blow off, and would need repair anyway.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

A supplementary question to this thread.

The spare oil filler cap on my 1.4 8v is quite a loose fit to the oil filler inlet and I have therefore been reluctant to use it in case it allows oil to escape. Should there be some sort of seal as part of the cap as I am wondering if a previous owner has used it and maybe discarded a washer or something ?

There's a rubber seal rim around the cap. IMO it shouldn't offer too much resistance when replacing or removing, but shouldn't be so loose it rattles on the rocker cover with the engine running either. I am not certain if the seal or cap can be replaced individually. A Favorit or 1.3 Felicia cap is an exact fit though.

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2