Amundsen sat nav problem

Rarely use the sat nav in my car but today tried to use it but found it displays my position nowhere near my actual position. It shows my car to be off road most of the time between roads. Has anyone got any ideas how to reset the position of my car on the map without having to visit the dealer? The system is using data from a memory card not a disc as that is how it came when I bought it.

I have this problem also , seem to think i am just off the coast in the Sea....Off to dealers tuesday to be looked at..thank gos for warranty ! Only had the bloody car since Novemeber too!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I think my car has this fault. Car is only 3 and half years so just out of warrenty. I phoned the dealer today they said it will cost £58 for the diganotic then suggested it's probably the gps/ aerial at fault, but need to check but they didn't say how much that costs to replace, does anyone know how much it costs for them to replace?

This problem has reoccurred on my Octavia, the first time it happened was after being washed, I got as much water out from beneath the rubber base of the aerial unit and a few days of dry weather saw it working again.   This time the weather has been pants and have been unable to get the aerial unit dried out properly so I may opt for the universal one as suggested my Mike.

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem, my sat nav showed me being many miles from my actual location and often off road. I want to my local dealer and the said the system was u/s ( only just over 3 years old) and would cost about £1300 to replace. They did say as a goodwill gesture, Skoda would do it for about £850. I didn't bother and just used an old Garmin. I also had problems with the Bluetooth phone system as it wouldn't scroll the phone book. Eventually I couldn't connect the phone at all.

Very recently my mobile phone had a operating system update, I have a Motorola G4 and uploaded the Nougat upgrade. I tried to connect the phone to the Amundsen and low and behold it worked perfectly. For some reason I tried the sat nav and the map came up straight away and correctly indicated my position. It has been just over a week and I am constantly checking the sat nav and up to now it is functioning perfectly. Why the mobile phone should have have the effect it has had is beyond me but now the system is working I am not complaining. Hope this is some help to anyone who has has the same problem.

• 3 months later...

My wife's '12 plate se connect doesn't find any satellites and shows the car 100 miles away. Sometimes works. After a factory reset but then drops out again. I've tried the replacement eBay gps but the same thing happens! Help!

Hi, sorry to hear of your problems. I don't know if I can help but as I said in my post after losing my Sat Nav from working properly, it was when I  couldn't even link my Phone through the Bluetooth system that the problem became more acute. I then had a system update from Motorola that I was able to then link the phone to the Amundsen. I thought I might as well try the Sat Nav and the blessed thing worked perfectly and has continued to do so ever since.

I can only guess there was some sort of signal problem caused by my phone that upset the Sat Nav and Bluetooth phone, but that is pure guess work. The radio and media continued to work OK. Hope you get it sorted.

Regards.