Unhappy camper

Hi All

Car is just out of warranty (by a few days) but I did call Skoda and left a message for them to call me back when it was still in warranty. They did call me back and I told them I had a few issues with recent work done at a dealer.

The drivers seat, side cushion was repaired (again) but still sits in a bit so it is not right. The dealer said there is nothing more they can do.

The centre console (arm rest) has been lubed or rrepaired so it doesnt constantly squeak. It was ok for a couple of weeks but started squeaking again last week.

Got the winter wheels on at the moment and had 4 VW centre caps on to stop salt etc getting into the wheel bolts and hubs etc. Got the car back (which was parked away down the street not in the garage grounds) and when my wife got home, noticed 2 centre caps were missing. I was told that they werent near the wheels which I thought strange as it was in for a service and MOT and I just wondered how they can visually check the brakes / pads with the wheels in the way. I take it then that the centre caps were stolen whilst it was out on the road as when my wife came home with the car, it was put straight into our garage and the centre caps are not there.

Just got a call from Skoda UK - anything done now is chargeable as the car is out of warranty.

I am not to happy with this as I did call them on the last day of the warranty and the office was closed so I had to leave a message.

Not impressed :no:

Cant say i'm surprised mate, what garage did you use??

Anytime i've had vehicles MOT'd they use a torch and check the pads etc, how they managed with cars that have wheel trims is beyond me.

Skoda part funded a couple of things on my car when it was out of warranty - as a goodwill gesture effectively. They have leeway to do that but generally its only where the car has been maintained fully in the dealer network - ie a reward for loyalty. Worth pursuing with Skoda IMO.

Anytime i've had vehicles MOT'd they use a torch and check the pads etc, how they managed with cars that have wheel trims is beyond me.

It's difficult, sometimes you can get a half decent look at the inner pad. If they can't be seen then a judgement can't be made, which causes doubt and where there's doubt the benefit of that must be given to the vehicle presenter.

• Like 1

Ive had a terrible experience at Broxburn garage, I fought for nearly 2 weeks to get the car returned for a full refund becasue under the sale of goods act as it was unfit for purpose. apparently im meant to be a mechaninc and know that the tapping noise from the engine isnt caused by low oil pressure that has worn major parts of the engine. They wanted me to drive it from Inverness to Edinburgh for them to CHECK it, not even refund me at this point!

The other thing was they forgot to reset the service indicator and want me to go all the way back for them to do it. I dont have the time to waste doing that. Also they mentioned the shocks were misting. They are not covered by warranty. Just hope they dont get worse for a while. I dont want to have a big cash outlay on a car thats only 3 years old. Its not even near 40,000 miles yet.

Surely, if a Skoda dealer has already tried to rectify issues and failed, the issues that you highlighted when they were still in the warranty period should still be fixed under warranty.

They will fob you off hoping that you will go away. If i were you (and I have in the past), I would persist until they do the work correctly and at their expense.

That's b0ll0cks. My local dealer, who only started trading after I had bought the car, did work for me technically out of warranty because i'd mentioned it to them before the warranty was up.

In fact, there's an slight noise coming from the sunroof which started after they replaced the first/factory one under warranty which only seems to happen when it's above a certain temperature. Obviously, it's not doing it at the moment but they're happy for me to bring it back next summer to have another look and a jiggle with it.... and the waranty on that ran out September 2011!!

Surely, if a Skoda dealer has already tried to rectify issues and failed, the issues that you highlighted when they were still in the warranty period should still be fixed under warranty.

They will fob you off hoping that you will go away. If i were you (and I have in the past), I would persist until they do the work correctly and at their expense.

+ 1. Absolutely spot on. Issues were highlighted by you during warranty. They therefore need to sort them under warranty. Full stop.

Don't let them fob you off!

So the car is three years old and you are still taking it back to the dealers every time a seat cushion pops out of place or something in the cabin starts squeaking?

I expect you are their favourite customer :giggle: