Consumption Readings

Fred_Bristol

I do most of the time, but sometimes I'm lazy and leave the foot on the brake and leave handbrake off.

Which also dazzled the driver of the car behind if done at night!

Sorry - one of my pet hates, particularly if sitting behind a recent "look how many LED's I've got" Mercedes

• Like 1

Which also dazzled the driver of the car behind if done at night!

Sorry - one of my pet hates, particularly if sitting behind a recent "look how many LED's I've got" Mercedes

I do agree, but it depends how long I'm going to be stationary.....short time foot, long time handbrake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also whether anyone has pulled up behind you or not. I will leave a foot on the brake if noone has stopped behind me simply to give anyone who does approach the signal that I have stopped, rather than have them rear end me. Once they pull up behind me then I'll let the footbrake off (as preached by the Highway Code, by the way!).

You MUST NOT

use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users' date=' including pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders

use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users (see Rule 226).

In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again.

Law RVLR reg 27[/quote']

• Like 1

Gosh I've had my Yeti manual on my iPhone since they day I got the car. I never use the printed one in the car.

1. You save the PDF file from the Škoda website.
  2. You get the iBooks app
  3. Email the file to yourself
  4. Click on it and then at the top right on "Open in iBooks".
  5. Voila: a permanent copy of your manual on your phone.

And the best bit? You can search this manual for anything. Eg, fuse. And voila the page comes up with fuses. No paging through a manual on the side of the road AND the screen of the iPhone lights up and you can put it next to you in the dark to see what you're doing...

img7773.png

So I think hmibennet's idea is not totally far fetched. Print the whole book and have it in the car if you must, but then send the buyer a PDF version that has been created just for his/her car. That is not that difficult.

• Like 1

Gosh I've had my Yeti manual on my iPhone since they day I got the car.

SImilarly, I did the corresponding process for my Kindle. And by using the Kindle app on my smartphone hooked into the same Kindle account, I get it there too.

Actually, I do this for most manuals these days. It's far easier to find them electronically than try to remember where I've put the paper copy.

Old habits! Probably wouldn't, even it OK to! I even do 'handbrake, neutral' with the DSG into neutral as soon as the car stops, unless it's obvious that we can get moving again straight away.

Very sensible in my view. Holding it on the brake must put wear on the clutches.

I'm an admirer of the way this DSG/clutch system is designed - if your foot is on the brake the cllutch is almost completely disengaged (presumably to reduce wear) and if you release the footbrake without touching the accelerator, about a second later the clutch engages a bit more - enough to make the car creep forward like a "torque converter" auto box. Very clever.

Very sensible in my view. Holding it on the brake must put wear on the clutches.

I don't think so. The drag you feel is due to the clutches being in oil. The 7 speed dry clutch version does not have this drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to those who answered my query.

Interesting discussion on the merits of individualised (ugh!) manuals in PDF or similar form. Didn't realise I was going to trigger that.

Yeti manual is on my Nexus but still couldn't find the answer to my question using "find".

Fred

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2