Rapid spaceback

Isn't there also a rather large price difference between the Honda Civic and a Skoda Rapid

Yes, I know it's comparing apples with pears. My budget would stretch to something a bit dearer than a Rapid but the need to fit into my garage was a constraint. And I got a large discount off the Civic which meant that it ended up cheaper than paying full whack for a 1.2i Rapid in Elegance trim.

Odd thing with rapid spaceback is his price and lack of some must have equipment in todays cars (in my oppinion). Fully equiped 1.2 TSI elegance would cost me 18.800€ (give or take 100 or 200€). Fully equiped Leon FR 1.4 TSI would cost me 20.600€. 

Spaceback now listed on Carfile: http://www.carfile.net/results.php?make=SKODA&model=RAPID+SPACEBACK&bodytype=5&carid=

Hefty discounts available which makes it quite competitively priced IMO.

Not all options/packs listed yet though.

Really liking the race blue:

skoda-rapid-spaceback-5.jpg

• Like 1

I'm guessing the 'Ray' wheels are the ones on the press coverage etc? If so not yet, the internal brochure that I've seen has 'Savio' wheels, but not the double 5 spoke jobbies. No signs of the Xenons either.

It looks OK mate, but needs a set of 17's on (personal preference). I've got the 18's from Richards Yellow Peril here at the mo, and am half tempted to pop these on to see what they look like.

when is the rapid spaceback in the show rooms and wot sort of price will it be

for the 1.2 tsi

http://www.skoda.co.uk/models/rapid-spaceback/prices

The latest What Car has a comparison test between the base model Spaceback (1.2 TSi 86 S) and Hyundai i30, which the Hyundai wins, but to my mind it's comparing chalk and cheese.

It looks OK mate, but needs a set of 17's on (personal preference). I've got the 18's from Richards Yellow Peril here at the mo, and am half tempted to pop these on to see what they look like.

Do it!

Shame that SUK haven't specced up the early Spaceback demos like they did with the liftback version. 17s really transform the look of the car, I'd chose them every time despite the slightly harsher ride.

Do it!

Shame that SUK haven't specced up the early Spaceback demos like they did with the liftback version. 17s really transform the look of the car, I'd chose them every time despite the slightly harsher ride.

As it's a showroom car I'm tempted to, just don't want to take it on a test drive and have them kerbed..... decisions decisions.

After seeing the results of AdLavs Rapid last Saturday, running the Camelots, it really did transform the appearance and presence of the car.

They've not go to town like they did with the initial Rapids, but the one that came through yesterday has the style pack - Pano roof, black mirrors, fogs and rear lights (well more smoked than black), black spoiler and 'extended' tail gate glass, I think it's got climate as well  :think:

They've not go to town like they did with the initial Rapids, but the one that came through yesterday has the style pack - Pano roof, black mirrors, fogs and rear lights (well more smoked than black), black spoiler and 'extended' tail gate glass, I think it's got climate as well  :think:

Sounds good but I'm just thinking the style pack is not going to look complete without some 17in wheels.

Do you think the dash strips and new steering wheels improve the ambience of the interior? They certainly look better in the pics.