2013 Superb

lfc958

These are still heavily disguised pictures, even for the estate. The real thing in the flesh will look subtly different to the current model new tail lights, new grill, bonnet, lights. Without that awful disguise the combi will be a good looking car and not to dissimilar to what we have already. The biggest change is to the hatchback where the rear has undergone a total redesign.

Sigghhhh.

I can't wait for the official photos of the facelifted car now, getting fed up of a new thead every other day with the spy shots and then the subsequent whinging about how it looks like the old car or how ugly it is.

I wonder if they are extending the life of the Superb a bit though. 5 years is a bit late for a facelift in the normal 7 year model cycle. There are some rumours that adaptive dampers may be optional.

• Like 2

New headlights & a less bulbious nose, hardly worth the effort.

Better carpet & better audio equiptment would be way ahead of this on my list of what should be updated.

I would certainly suggest that the facelifted Superb will follow the family design and take cues from the Octavia III and Mission L concept.

What appears to be a German Auto Express has revealed this artists impression of the facelift:

Bilder-Neuheiten-Skoda-001-Skoda-Superb-2015_0.jpg

Skoda have a busy 2013, with the Octy, Superb, & possibly a citygo GT

6 models this year, with 3 already known:

1. Rapid
  2. Octavia III
  3. Octavia III Combi
  4. Octavia III vRS - August?
  5. Superb (facelift) - September?
  6. Yeti (facelift) - December?

I would certainly suggest that the facelifted Superb will follow the family design and take cues from the Octavia III and Mission L concept.

What appears to be a German Auto Express has revealed this artists impression of the facelift:

I'm more inclined to see this (if it has any authenticity) as the Superb III , not a face-lifted Superb II

May see a Superb III somewhere around 2015 / 2016

I'm more inclined to see this (if it has any authenticity) as the Superb III , not a face-lifted Superb II

It's horrible anyway, I hope it won't be neither the facelift nor the Superb III

• 2 weeks later...

If this is the facelift I'm pleased I have a 2011 model. The facelift is so ugly it will actually add value to my model. : )

They really need to do something to enhance the car. It seems VW are deliberately stifling the car due to its success, with engines that are now 2 years out of date and styling that is off-putting to too many buyers. The rear end looks too saggy-ar5ed, drooping downwards, IMO.

Now that is something I would buy!!! :blush:

Personally, that silver thing above is awful - back to 80's Alfa's plus poor modifying.

But, i think price will be a deciding factor with a "new" Superb. - I've recently picked up an E250 CDi AMG Sport Estate (2.2 Twin turbo, 204bhp 7 speed auto - Paddles, lowered, air suspension, leather, nav, drilled discs, AMG Alloys & BodyKit, elec boot, parking sensors front & rear etc) for the same price as an 170 tdi L&K Superb. Ok, so the Merc has a facelift coming this year and the pervious model, which i have bought, is well discounted.

Has anyone yet specced / priced an "Outdoor" Superb?! - OMG! and on that note, spec up an Passat Alltrack to Elegance + a couple of toys! - £38+ Grand!

Al.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently Kvasiny factory is closed due to alternations for FL Superb and Yeti models. In few days, exp. 04/13 Kvasiny works will start producing FL cars, all new non-FL cars will be just stock cars made earlier.

K.