Delivery Dates and how long should I be waiting

Hi All,

Ordered my new skoda octovia 1.9 tdi elegance with several options about 6 weeks ago how long do you have to wait for it to be built, I was hoping for it in mid june but mid july seems optimistic!!!! can people tell me what the waits are or anyway of checking without going through your dealer cheers :)

I don't know of a way of checkign without asking the dealers... but why not just give them a call and find out the Build Week of your car? From the build week then they can add the estimated shipping time. Add a week or two onto what they tell you!

Mine was ordered at the beginning of May and is expected end of July at the earliest. :( Should have gone for the Ferrari or Lambo, I think the wait times aren't as long as the diesel skoda.

Ordered mine two weeks ago and was "advised" that it would be 3-4 months, and this without any unusual delays or warnings coming up when they entered the order. Elegance 1.9 tdi DSG -- dealer reckoned it was the DSG box to blame. No firm date yet. :(

Details

5 Door Estate 2.0 TDi Lrn Klmt Corrida Red Colour/Trim: Onyx Leather

Options

Electronic Stability Programme

Pegasus 17in Alloys+Spt Sus+Steel Spare

Acoustic Parking Sensor Front

Order Date 05/04/2005

Due date 06/07/2005

This is company car through a lease company (current car Audi A4). I have access to online tracking and just checked date which has not changed from original.

Will post update if it changes

;)

I too am unable to get a build and/or delivery date from my dealer (which I am doing over the net ), having paid my deposit on 11/04.

Am waiting for an Elegance 2.0tdi DSG in Sahara Beige, Black cloth interior, (couldn't quite stretch to the leather) with 17" Alloys and Sports Suspension, Audience Radio with MP3, Multi Func Steering Wheel. I have been advised the delay is because of a fire at either the DSG gearbox factory or at the engine plant and that VW are demanding the lions share of each for their own cars. :confused: :eek:

Have only seen one new Octy in the Sahara Beige, I was well impressed with the colour. My dad, bless him, recently bought a Rover 75 in a similar colour, it is a great colour for not showing the grime.....shame about the warranty!! I took him for a spin in a TDI Superb I had for a 24hr test drive a few months ago, he was one of the old school that thought Skoda were Sh*te, how he ate his words, sadly he had just ordered the Rover at the time, I think I nearly swayed him towards Skoda instead, bet he wishes he had now..

Will advise if I get any more data on delivery, I have resigned myself to a long wait, if it comes sooner, that'll be a bonus...Well woth the wait anyway!!

:thumbup:

So it looks like I will have to wait looks like, shame more people don't post their pictures if anybody has a elengance and can post their picture of the interior up including clove department i would be impressed, As it looks like i will have to dream and pay for an mot for my old car damn! :( cheers peeps

I've just talked with my dealer: projected build week 26 (end of June), delivery mid July :eek: . Ordered it at the very beginning of April.

Config: New Octavia Wagon (Estate) 4x4 1.9 TDI with a lot of accessories.

I hope they don't slip the dates...

Regards.

(I'm from Italy).

My Octi was ordered in April...got it 1st June(ordered LOT of accessories)(1week delay,due to mix up with chassis number)..plus arrived with more stuff on than I asked for.....(got dimming mirror for nout!!)VERY pleased:1.9TDI/17"alloys/dimming mirror(free)/maxi dot/light assist(pain!)/leather steering wheel & audio...NICE!!

• 2 weeks later...

It has been dispatched on the 8th June 2005 how long until i get it now they said 3-4 weeks shurly it doesn't take that long to get into the country! Anybody got a more relistic date at least it has been built and left the factory always looking forward!

Got my new Octy 2 weeks ago. Ordered in February. Worth the wait (apart from a faulty seat). Just back from a visit to the factory and saw the production line for the Octy. They build approx 420 cars in each 8 hour shift and the factory works 24 hrs a day 5 days a week so thats 6300 cars a week. Whilst I stood in the viewing gallery (approx 30 minutes) I only saw one right hand drive car going down. Apparently the Germans are one of the biggest customers and 82% of all Skodas are exported out of the Czeck Republic.Every car has been ordered by a customer or dealer and nothing is produced to lie around in a deserted airfield!!. ROVER EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!.

Keep asking your dealer to track it.Who cares if they get sick of the sight of you. It was a great joy to hear that my car left the factory almost a week ahead of schedule only for it to languish at Grimsby for 3 weeks before it got to Scotland.

Worth the wait though. (Apart from the dodgy seat that is...)

Hmmm. Its criminal ordered new cars should stand around like this. Spose its too much to hope to be able to collect from the factory like some makes offer. Wouldnt mind a few days in Prague before doing just that.

Now they're in the EU should be able to buy RHD from a local dealer. Wonder what local prices/exchange rates are like.

Hmmm. Its criminal ordered new cars should stand around like this. Spose its too much to hope to be able to collect from the factory like some makes offer. Wouldnt mind a few days in Prague before doing just that.

Now they're in the EU should be able to buy RHD from a local dealer. Wonder what local prices/exchange rates are like.

Picked up brochures at the factory "shop" with prices in Czeck Crowns. Believe it or not it is actuall MORE EXPENSIVE to buy a car over there!!. (and wages are around 35% of ours) Imagine paying 55 grand for your Octy!! Although the workers get an 8% discount off list!!!! BIG DEAL.

You an take delivery over there at the factory if you are a fleet customer or some big corporate player.

Factory visit only costs around

I order my octavia towards the end of May. I was told that it should be ready by the end of July. Had a phone call from the dealer about a week ago saying Skoda had a problem with the multifunction steering wheel which I'm getting as an extra. They said the factory hadn't told them exactly what the problem was but it could add 2 weeks onto the wait. Has anyone else had delays beacuse of this?

Ordered at the start of April, changed the order 2 weeks later and being built this week, so by the time it turns up it will be 12-13 weeks

Just found out today that my car has been delayed until the middle of August. I was originally told the end of July. May as well wait until 1st September and get it registered on the new plate. I know it's not the dealers fault but I might try and get some of the accessories I've ordered for free as compensation.To say I'm gutted is an understatement, but it will be worth the wait. The only good thing is that they are still giving me the same amount for my part exchange. :thumbup:

Ordered L & K 1.9 DSG estate with Metallic, ESP, curtain bags, TPM, on 12/05/05. Due to be built week 32 (15/08/05) and delivered a month or so later, but was told the build week is still provisional and not yet confirmed.

Ordered a 1.9 Elegance Estate on the 12th of May, Silver with no options. Lease company have a delivery date of August 15th. So three months give or take a couple of days.

That is if it's delivered on time, anyone ever get there's early?

I orderer my L&K 2lt tdi 2 days before a friend at work, both company cars due 1st week July. He told me his was delayed 4 weeks, no reason. I checked mine it was having a PDI!!!!.

So unless it only has 3 wheels I should get it next week.

Going to France in July so will put some mile on it, any one know when the first service is required??

:):):)

I orderer my L&K 2lt tdi 2 days before a friend at work' date=' both company cars due 1st week July. He told me his was delayed 4 weeks, no reason. I checked mine it was having a PDI!!!!.

Going to France in July so will put some mile on it, any one know when the first service is required??

:):):)[/quote']

" 2 years or 20,000 miles I was told when I bought mine.

Enjoy your trip.

I orderer my L&K 2lt tdi 2 days before a friend at work' date=' both company cars due 1st week July. He told me his was delayed 4 weeks, no reason. I checked mine it was having a PDI!!!!.

:):):)[/quote']

The 2.0l engine has variable service, so it all depends on how you drive it and where it spends it's time (I.e a motorway milage car will last longer than a town drive/stop start car between services)

Just got my registration number for my car told I should be able to pick it up either at the weekend or next wednesday so just got to sort out the insurance!!! Should be worth the wait I hope, does anybody know how to wire your mobile up to the car stereo or should I get the skoda team to do that!

Should be good, as taking across to italy in the summer nice long trip for it

cheers :):rolleyes::thumbup: