Flickering lights but p/steering fine

YodaTdi

My p/s works fine (touch wood) but I do notice the headlights flickering a bit when I turn the steering wheel?

Its nothing major but is it something I should look into or sort out before it gets worse?

I had the batt checked last week & it has a decent amount of power in it & the alternator is putting over 14v in when at idle.

What do you think I should do, leave alone or will it be something fairly simple & cheap to rectify before anything more sinister occurs?

Ps. I'm not hugely mechanically minded so please don't baffle me with science :rofl:

Any ideas?

I'd leave things well alone if I thought it wouldnt get any worse, but if theres something simple & fairly cheap that I could do to cut the

chances of anything getting worse then I'm open to suggestions :)

Try looking at your battery, might not be holding enough charge.

Check your fluid as well. I know on the Fiesta's (i used to have one) when the fluid was low it used to flash up and flicker now and then. something to do where the sensor was. trying checking these first. might even have a leak.

As #6, but if moving slowly ,you could check out alternator output and battery charge rate .If it happens sitting still , try reving up and repeat. I'd expect no flicker at higher reves .