World Superbikes

tuono01

So the first race of the season is upon us, who will be watching.

Who's going to win this year?

Sykes was so close last year and on the same bike for this year. I think with out his DNFs last year he would have won the title. Fingers crossed he'll be the man to win it this year.

With a bit of luck Chaz Davies and Jonny Rea could get some podiums this year too. Haslam will be there or there abouts, always the bridesmaid never the bride.

Would love to see Camier up there fighting for the title, but I don't think the Suzuki is good enough.

Thoughts anyone.....

Biaggi retired at the end of last year.

I'm suprised at how quick Guintoli was, thought he'd take a few races before getting to the podium.

Pity Sykes had an injury to his wrist, you could see he was struggling.

Thankfully Checa was ok after being torpedoed.

Well so far it appears that Aprilla are the bikes to beat.

They were strong last season too but I'm hoping that Sykes will be fully fit soon and show them the way home.

• 7 months later...

Well tuono01,you were correct, Tom Sykes, World Superbike Champion this year, but lets not forget Sam Lowes, World Supersport Champion & his twin brother Alex, British Superbike Champion after an epic battle with 3 times winner Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

• Like 1

I've not really followed BSB this year but caught the season finale from Brands.

Very entertaining an close fought racing.

Well done to the Lowes twins well deserved championships.

It's surprising what a little brotherly competition can do.