delivery delays

wendychrissam

In that case - there's no capital letter needed in agree! :)

I missed that, but thank you for pointing out the error of my ways. It was posted in utter haste in my lunch break (no excuse I know). I shall now be studying your posts with the utmost diligence. :rofl:
  • Like 1

they are transported on transporters but its down to skoda to get the to skoda to get more transporters on the job and get them out and according to skoda themselves they have hired extra transporters to help with the backlog this problem has been going on for the past 2 years at least surely by now someone with half a brain could see that its time to solve the problem maybe extending the registation 10 day rule in the months of Feb and Aug when they have more cars arriving if they extended the rule to say 20 days more cars would be able to be delivered earlier to the garages hence keeping the docks a little less backlogged and customers would get their cars without as many delays happy customers equals returning customers annoyed customers equals next time will look at buying something else other than skoda volkswagon seat or audi

Ignoring the previous postings about your lack of punctuation..................

There are only a finite number of companies doing car transporting now, down on what it was 5 or 10 years ago, which is probably why Peugeot and Land Rover have moved to rail transportation out of and into Portbury Dock, so I think your criticism is slightly unfounded and unfair.

• Like 1

Next time I need an English punctuation lesson il drop in here and ask you guys, since you obviously have nothing better to do than pick fault with others ie me .

Then learn to post correctly - for example, .....I will or I'll......not......i'l.

Sorry, but it it difficult to read a post with no paragraphs or commas etc. We can overlook the odd spelling mistake (I should know, as I have recently been reprimanded for a slight misdemeanor), but come on - 6 lines with no breaks!

PS: It is not just you they pick on, others (me included) have fallen foul of the "Old Guard" on here. It's a learning curve.

Surely we should all be encouraged to post regardless of our individual ability with language and punctuation?

We are not all equipped with the same skills.

• Like 2

Wendy.

I gave you an answer without actually criticising you, but surely you can see how difficult it is to read a posting from any person that contains no punctuation or capitals? It can be especially difficult if you are reading posts on a small screen or if you suffer from problems such as dyslexia.

they are transported on transporters but its down to skoda to get the to skoda to get more transporters on the job and get them out and according to skoda themselves they have hired extra transporters to help with the backlog this problem has been going on for the past 2 years at least surely by now someone with half a brain could see that its time to solve the problem maybe extending the registation 10 day rule in the months of Feb and Aug when they have more cars arriving if they extended the rule to say 20 days more cars would be able to be delivered earlier to the garages hence keeping the docks a little less backlogged and customers would get their cars without as many delays happy customers equals returning customers annoyed customers equals next time will look at buying something else other than skoda volkswagon seat or audi

I don't much hold with perfectionists who criticise every tiny error in grammar, spelling or punctuation. Among people who are used to each other it can be a form of teasing or banter and part of forum life.

That isn't what this is about.

As a genuine attempt to help just try reading your own post out loud. I'm afraid that is the only way to test whether people are being hostile or unfair or whether you have failed to get your point across.

There are plenty of people with some worthwhile opinions or knowledge to share who aren't used to written communication and that is completely OK. Don't be put off!

• Like 4

Criticising a totally unpunctuated piece is not criticising 'every tiny error in grammar' - it is asking someone to take a little more time and care over what they post to make it readily intelligible to others. It's a form of social courtesy.

• Like 3

Just for you il never post again just to make you happy .

Don't take it to heart Wendy, sometimes the replies seem to behave like Piranhas but no offence is intended. Although I read my posts before pressing "post" I often find that I have used all the correct letters, but necessarily in the correct order, you are by no means alone.

• Like 4

Next time I need an English punctuation lesson il drop in here and ask you guys, since you obviously have nothing better to do than pick fault with others ie me .

So you can write properly - no need to have a hissy fit.

• Like 1

This discussion reminds me of my first post last year - a lot of negative comments. At first it hurt, but then I got used to the banter, but now look forward and enjoy it - like have a good old heated discussion down the pub. Best form of defense is attack - or so they say.

Anyway, although I was critical of Wendy's grammar, it is nice to have some female input on this male dominated forum - no hard feelings Wendy?

PS: Just checking again for spelling/grammar - how am I doing Merlinman & hmibennett?

Well you did ask!

"like have a good old heated discussion down the pub"

should that be "like having.................." or "I like to have..............." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

.....but now look forward and enjoy it....

Surely that should be... but now look forward to it and enjoy it....etc

For someone so critical you don't seem to be doing too well yourself.

Probably best I include the obligatory smiley at this point.. ;) ..... as by including it you can say what you want without being liable to retaliation etc.

Bloody hell - I should have kept quite. Anyway, that makes me even more determined now to catch out some of the "Old Guard" in future. In my defence (defense?), I only got an O level in English language not an A.

As for me being too critical - "people in glass houses should not throw stones".

Watch this space! :devil:

Wendy.

I gave you an answer without actually criticising you, but surely you can see how difficult it is to read a posting from any person that contains no punctuation or capitals? It can be especially difficult if you are reading posts on a small screen or if you suffer from problems such as dyslexia.

Actually I'm dyslexic. It isn't too bad, but you have to remember to read what you write. It is common for us to formulate the whole text in our minds, but forget the odd word. So big apologies if sometimes my posts do not make sense.

Br

JeZ

Good thing about being dyslexic is your long term memory :rolleyes:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Actually I'm dyslexic. It isn't too bad, but you have to remember to read what you write. It is common for us to formulate the whole text in our minds, but forget the odd word. So big apologies if sometimes my posts do not make sense.

Br

JeZ

Perfect post jezzep.
  • Like 1

So if dyslexia helps your long term memory, then the opposite, like mine, must be................................

Now where did I leave my coat? :sweat::giggle:

"Bloody hell - I should have kept quite"..........

I think you might have meant to say quiet rather than quite.

(and before anyone mentions it my Collins tells me it's meant and not mean't)

You really shouldn't have started this :-)

I actually look forward to ..... Watch this space! :devil: ...... watching this space.

• Like 1

So if dyslexia helps your long term memory, then the opposite, like mine, must be................................

Now where did I leave my coat? :sweat::giggle:

Mine was diagnosed at 23, mine is related to short term memory. My long term memory being so good makes up for it. The best thing for any dyslexic is to be diagnosed. As part of the diagnosis they then teach you how to find ways around the form you have.

Br

JeZ

One of my children has it, very slightly, but it wasn't diagnosed until she went to University at 27! She seems to have coped until now and the Uni do appear to be taking it into account, but as most of her work is of a practical nature (graphics design and film media) she copes very well.

Unfortunately my son has terrible short-term memory problems, caused by his epilepsy drugs. This has stopped him following his chosen Nursing career, even though he got a 2.2 from Cardiff Medical School. It is a known problem that no-one has found a "cure" for.

"Bloody hell - I should have kept quite"..........

I think you might have meant to say quiet rather than quite.

(and before anyone mentions it my Collins tells me it's meant and not mean't)

You really shouldn't have started this :-)

I actually look forward to ..... Watch this space! :devil: ...... watching this space.

Yes you are right - I should not have. Thanks for pointing out "quite - quiet". :bandit:
  • Like 1