pffft type r drivers

mac-20v

Why oh why does everyone that has a type r think that vtech beats everything, ive got 2 mates with ep3 civic type r's and theyre both standard ive got a 230bhp mk1 octy vrs and they still insist that the type r's would leave me for dust lol

Then tell them to put their money where their mouths are.

Get yourselfs to a trackday or drag strip etc.

You would have them on any straights but they may have you on any corners.

Phil

• Like 1

Why oh why does everyone that has a type r think that vtech beats everything, ive got 2 mates with ep3 civic type r's and theyre both standard ive got a 230bhp mk1 octy vrs and they still insist that the type r's would leave me for dust lol

To confirm, the EP3 Type R can't beat everything. (Ex-Type R-Owner)

They are simply saying they could have you. Get to a track/drag strip then, willy waving on here isn't going to go down well.

IBTL :happy:

• Like 1

I hate to be a typical stereotype when it comes to car owners but i have to say, a lot of type R owners i know of are so up the arse of their badge they cant see past to other great cars. :think: Not all of them but most.

I dont really like any of the Type R's either, the noise from the engine is stupid and annoying. I like the Accord R's though!

Those Americans that go around with the SkunK2 exhausts do my nut in as well! ******* horrid exhaust and its become a trend over here too :wall:

I think the thing with the Type-R is knowing how to drive it... as in that you need to be on the red line the whole time.

The torque is also pretty pathetic from V-TEC engines (145 lb-ft in this case) and also is developed at very high revs (5900rpm) so again you have to keep them singing to get anything out of them.

Phil

my mate used to have an Integra Type R DC2, I was in it a few times and have to say, very enjoyable "drivers" car, light on its feet, good handling, quite raw and just enough power to keep you entertained without putting you in the hedge! LSD as standard too I believe.

I own a EP3 , yes in standard form they may not be remarkably quick, but they get the power down very well and through the corners not many cars will keep up. If you look at a standard type r there are strut braces fitted everywhere as standard and adjustable camber bolts all set up correctly before they left the factory to make sure it handles a dream. Add that to the very good reliability its a cracking car to own.

But, like you said, the prices on these have plummeted. You can pick a pre facelift one up for £2k now. Which is cheap chav mobile territory and its these idiots that end up with them thinking they are the stig

• Like 1

I think the thing with the Type-R is knowing how to drive it... as in that you need to be on the red line the whole time.

I'm not sure this it true - I've driven a couple now and both were willing and free-revving, even outside the VTEC zone. 100kg lighter than the Octy and 30bhp down works out at about an 8bhp advantage for the Octavia so sounds like they're pretty evenly matched to me, unless there are corners ;)

The torque is also pretty pathetic from V-TEC engines (145 lb-ft in this case) and also is developed at very high revs (5900rpm) so again you have to keep them singing to get anything out of them.

IIRC, an F1 car develops an equally weedy 200lb-ft of torque, but it's not about the amount that the engine produces, it's about the gearing and the resulting torque at the road wheels. :D

Chris

I'm not sure this it true - I've driven a couple now and both were willing and free-revving, even outside the VTEC zone. 100kg lighter than the Octy and 30bhp down works out at about an 8bhp advantage for the Octavia so sounds like they're pretty evenly matched to me, unless there are corners ;)

IIRC, an F1 car develops an equally weedy 200lb-ft of torque, but it's not about the amount that the engine produces, it's about the gearing and the resulting torque at the road wheels. :D

Chris

Track wheels, not road wheels. :)

I'll tell you what is worse than a nob end in a poxy honda, is a skoda owner who thinks they are aryton senna because their car is chipped, Everybody knows that the real king of the road is a ford transit anyway, fastest car known to man.

• Like 4

I'll tell you what is worse than a nob end in a poxy honda, is a skoda owner who thinks they are aryton senna because their car is chipped, Everybody knows that the real king of the road is a ford transit anyway, fastest car known to man.

I thought the 2.0fabia was the "king" of the road? :giggle:

Im not getting at the cars the type r's are awesome cars and yes it would be interesting to see which car has the edge on the other but what annoys me are the drivers, some of them have their head so far up their ass they couldnt tell the difference between a fart and a burp (not all type r drivers, just the ones i seem to meet lol)

Except everyone but a Knob end knows that a "chipped" engine has **** all to do with cornering speed, for which Senna was better known for, right?

I've owned lots of type r's in the past they are very good at handling(ep3) but in a straight line maybe not the best but when the type r was first introduced it was too of its league around the track but now days Thers alot of cars that will beat it.

As someone mentions if a octy is remapped it will beat it that's a bit unfair IMO as were just talking standard form I think the type r in the track will win hands down and maybe just maybe in a straight but as said line them up

I had a dc2 integra type r jdm model and it was a great car. Very responsive and the 'vtec kick' at 5500rpm was superb. I did find that some ep3 type r owners dont even know that other type r's exist and they think the ep3 is the best thing since sliced bread. If i could id have another dc2 tomorrow..but saving for a house is hard these days!! :( dont tarnish all with the same brush :D haha

I had a dc2 integra type r jdm model and it was a great car. Very responsive and the 'vtec kick' at 5500rpm was superb. I did find that some ep3 type r owners dont even know that other type r's exist and they think the ep3 is the best thing since sliced bread. If i could id have another dc2 tomorrow..but saving for a house is hard these days!! :( dont tarnish all with the same brush :D haha

+1 i have 3mates with dc2 tegs, two are very quickly modified and the other is pretty standered but only has a drivers seat and a steering wheel in it and all three of them just about keep up with my 300bhp gt4

Its mainly the ep3 civic drivers that think their the mutts nutts, although its only a minority.....but mk1 fabia vrs drivers seem to be going the same way these days

Most car enthusiasts aren't driving enthusiasts so it ends up being all about willy waving.

I reckon a DC2 Integra Type-R is one of the best fwd cars from a driving enjoyment point of view - about the right amount of feedback and feel, although the engine can get a bit wearing at times. Also up at the top is a Lotus, the M100 Elan SE, but not so practical. Hard to choose between them. I liked the Alfa 146Ti almost as much - just the right amount of power to be enormous fun on decent roads, less powerful but more practical than either. I'm not sure what else compares on the road, as opposed to for pub bragging rights.

• Like 1

I have 220bhp mk1 octy and even coilovered and roll bar'ed up i carnt keep up with my mates stripped out roll caged dc2 round track,

Straight line i can eat him for dust but round corners not a chance

I've only had a brief drive in an ITR, fantastic engine, great handling from what I could tell and my limited skill. I had a 2.4 accord for 3 years, and it was a pain on an A road, as to have any chance of overtaking anything, it had to be kept in 3rd or even 2nd to be able to use the power. Fun for a while, but expensive as the fuel economy suffered. I'd guess that the ITR would have been a lot more extreme.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2