Evolution of the Species............

HKPhooey

Collected the Wife’s new Yeti on Friday and I was intrigued to see what changes have been made over the last three years since the first Yeti.

It’s all detail stuff, but there are some immediate differences, the first being that the rear seems more planted over sharp bumps and potholes, so I’m not sure if the spring rates or damper have changed or if it’s down to the tyres (the old car had Dunlops fitted, the new car has the Pirellis).

The other obvious change is having to press the clutch to start the car and the gear knob design.

Other little things are the protective film on the trailing edge of the rear doors, the re-profiled inner door aperture and the additional door seals fitted above the rear wheel arch and in between the doors.

At the back the car now has a single oval tail pipe, which I kind of prefer to the twin pipes on the old car. The only cost cutting I can see is the deletion of carpet on the wheel arches in the boot.

Hopefully the new car will follow on where the old car left off!

NewYeti01-03-13Comp_zpsc98290f1.jpg 

I am unsure about evolution, I have done 70k in my Yeti and I will be changing it in August 2014, so another 70k will be going on it, the problem is this, Skoda are evolving there cars in a good way but this means the price also evolve and therefore make them more expensive than many other cars to lease, in another thread the Octavia III is more expensive than an Audi to lease.

I am not looking forward to having to choose my next car as I want another Yeti but I think they might be too expensive on the lease list.

Your Yetis are looking good

I am unsure about evolution, I have done 70k in my Yeti and I will be changing it in August 2014, so another 70k will be going on it, the problem is this, Skoda are evolving there cars in a good way but this means the price also evolve and therefore make them more expensive than many other cars to lease, in another thread the Octavia III is more expensive than an Audi to lease.

I am not looking forward to having to choose my next car as I want another Yeti but I think they might be too expensive on the lease list.

Your Yetis are looking good

Thank you - the Wife's really happy with her choice of Candy White.

We only paid an extra £1000 for the new Yeti compared to the '10 plate - exactly the same spec - and £400 of that is due to the higher rate of VAT. And 3 years free servicing certainly offsets a large chunk of the rest.

As for the Octavia III, manufactuers tend not to offer discounts on brand new models - plus Audi are heavily discounting at the moment if my recent experience is anything to go by - I'm looking for something a little more 'sensible' with 4 seats - I can get an Audi TT with £1000 of 'essential' options for less than a Toyota GT86, that's a discount of £5000 on the TT.

we have the Yeti Facelift between now and when I change my car. I really want another Yeti, I might just rationalise from the 170 Elegance so as I can have another, I also like candy white but that is because I have a white one :giggle:

Collected the Wife’s new Yeti on Friday and I was intrigued to see what changes have been made over the last three years since the first Yeti.

It’s all detail stuff, but there are some immediate differences, the first being that the rear seems more planted over sharp bumps and potholes, so I’m not sure if the spring rates or damper have changed or if it’s down to the tyres (the old car had Dunlops fitted, the new car has the Pirellis).

The other obvious change is having to press the clutch to start the car and the gear knob design.

Other little things are the protective film on the trailing edge of the rear doors, the re-profiled inner door aperture and the additional door seals fitted above the rear wheel arch and in between the doors.

At the back the car now has a single oval tail pipe, which I kind of prefer to the twin pipes on the old car. The only cost cutting I can see is the deletion of carpet on the wheel arches in the boot.

Totally right...They have changed a lot. Did you notice road noise is much reduced too? Oh yes I noted dashboard has a longer vent at the front near windscreen. No more foggy screen so far.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Your observations identify a few minor variations, but nothing which suggested a reduction in quality for the sake of a few bob's worth of extra profit. Also, I notice three Yetis in the photograph of your nice new Yeti.

Happy Trails.

I have also noted that my brother in law's 2010 Yeti has much less sound proofing material under the carpets as my Dec 2012 has, probably confirms Jezzep's comments earlier regarding less road noise. Perhaps they have fitted the carpet removed from the boot sides underneath................Only joking!!, and yes I agree the single tail pipe especially when fitted with the chromed add on really looks the part, sporty and makes it look much more than a 1.2 from the back

I have also noted that my brother in law's 2010 Yeti has much less sound proofing material under the carpets as my Dec 2012 has, probably confirms Jezzep's comments earlier regarding less road noise. Perhaps they have fitted the carpet removed from the boot sides underneath................Only joking!!, and yes I agree the single tail pipe especially when fitted with the chromed add on really looks the part, sporty and makes it look much more than a 1.2 from the back

Is it noticeably quieter than the 2010 model then? I had a 2010 1.2TSI and road noise was a little tiring on poor surfaces. I didn't realise that Skoda had improved the sound deadening. Good news if it makes a difference.

Is it noticeably quieter than the 2010 model then? I had a 2010 1.2TSI and road noise was a little tiring on poor surfaces. I didn't realise that Skoda had improved the sound deadening. Good news if it makes a difference.

I did wonder if the new car was quieter or whether I was imagining it - but put it down to the different tyres.

Your observations identify a few minor variations, but nothing which suggested a reduction in quality for the sake of a few bob's worth of extra profit. Also, I notice three Yetis in the photograph of your nice new Yeti.

Happy Trails.

Indeed if anything all the changes seem to add to the quality - better bump absorbtion and better door seals/reduced wind noise/dirt ingress etc.

There's also an Audi R8 in the photo - I guess the owner had seen the light and traded up to a Yeti.

There were rows of new Yetis parked out the back of the dealer waiting for their new owners and the Salesman said he had someone coming to test drive our old red Yeti on Monday.

Sound like the changes documented by The Plumber re the golf mk6 rear suspension not only makes the car cheaper to build(increasing profit for Skoda/VW) but is an actual improvement as well.

Good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have the Yeti Facelift between now and when I change my car. I really want another Yeti, I might just rationalise from the 170 Elegance so as I can have another, I also like candy white but that is because I have a white one :giggle:

When's the facelift expected?

I wonder if they would go to the newer 2.0 tdi engines too....?

There have been many, many threads about the facelift, but basically it will be towards the end of the year and is just expected to be some small alterations to minor items, probably in the "looks" department.