VRS Misfire

Another misfire thread here goes... Getting the engine management light on when the foot goes to the floor. Goes in limp mode but after a pull over n off n on jobby everything is fine. Anyone had a similar experience?

Has Skoda assist out the 1st time and he said that a misfire in cylinder 3 and 4 had been registered. He cleared the errors to get the lights off and sent me on my way. Gave it a bootful this morning and the same again.

Got it booked in now at my local dealer but they have been useless in the past so not got much hope of them solving the problem any time soon.

get the spark plugs checked and a compression test done...

I had similar, if you search my content you will see my essay...

Cheers I'll have a read through. I guess these r standard checks that the dealer will do? I was tempted to change the plugs myself to see if that solved the problem but then I don't want them to try n blame somethin I have done.

sounds like mine when the fuel pump went, missed and went to limp mode then came out a few times then done it one day and never recovered

That's a new one I've not read about before. Did the dealer easily identify the problem?

Yup, there was a fault code that came up wich told them it was a fueling problem, only took them about 2 and a half days to sort under warrenty

Think there has been one or two others that have went aswell but they were also not long after being remapped

You got any mods?

Gave it a little test on the way to work this morning. Banged it in manual n gave it the beans n between 5-6k in 3rd on full throttle the engine management light starts flashing but no limp mode. Backed off back into D and it flashed about ten times n went out. No obvious misfires this time.

There is a dealer update to cure high rev (above 6k) misfires. Mine used to get this every now and again not after the update. Mine was a 2011 car too so newer.

Best get it in and see what is what.

Arrange with Skoda UK Customer services and make them aware before it goes near the Dealership.

New Coil packs and plugs if that what is needed.

Is your warranty up the end of July?

george

I've already spoke to Skoda Assist when I got them out so they are aware of the situation i guess. I'll ring them tomorrow to let them know exactly what is happening and see if they have any ideas of what it could be. Its getting dropped off with the dealer tomorrow afternoon.

Hopefully they will be aware of existing issues with the engine but im not holding my breath. Not had good experiences with the dealer in the past. Hopefully they can redeem themselves this time.

Mines a August 2010 one btw.

Got the car back after less than 24 hours. Apparently it was a spark plug issue. Said that all 4 plug tips had started eroding. They have changed them all under warranty and done a software update so hopefully thats the end of it. Its getting a real test tomorrow on the way to and from work :rofl: . Fingers crossed!

On the TSI Twinchargers the plugs are proving to be more of a problem & the coils.

?Have they done ECU updates now.?

There should have been at the 12 month/10,000 mile service in 2011, and if not done at the 24 month service.

Injectors were a problem that should have been dealt with by now on a 2010 vRS. or shown long before now.

george

My Scirocco was an early 2010 build and its injectors were from the "suspect" batch (not sure how large that batch was) so were replaced without question when it had its misfiring issues. Turned out to be wrong plugs as it happened but that was a fault with the VAGUK service computer spitting out the wrong part number...(since fixed, so I'm told).

sounds like mine when the fuel pump went, missed and went to limp mode then came out a few times then done it one day and never recovered

Sounds like when my fuel pump also went in my 1.4tsi cupra, had same problem, also if you put standard unleaded in this normally happens?

What fuel are you using?

Been using a mix of Momentum and V-power.

+1

&

How many miles on the car, and was it still on the original plugs to your knowledge?

george

Its on 20K and to my knowledge they have not been changed.

They tell me that it had an update of some description. Gave it a little "test" on the way to work and it seems to have cured the problem. It will get a real run out this weekend tho.

They obviously changed the plugs under warranty but i was surprised to see an invoice for £112.70 if i was payin.

They obviously changed the plugs under warranty but i was surprised to see an invoice for £112.70 if i was payin.

Try changing them yourself. After losing the tips of your fingers and knuckles, you'll gladly pay it :happy:

Glad to hear it sorted your car.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Had new plugs fitted today which has seemed to sort the misfire I had :happy:

I had to pay for them though and they wouldn't fit the 'breather pipe modification' for oil usage because the car is REVO mapped.

Obviously the massive power hike of 10% has caused endless issues to an engine that VW has already dropped....... :giggle:

Had new plugs fitted today which has seemed to sort the misfire I had :happy:

I had to pay for them though and they wouldn't fit the 'breather pipe modification' for oil usage because the car is REVO mapped.

Obviously the massive power hike of 10% has caused endless issues to an engine that VW has already dropped....... :giggle:

Did you pay the £112.70 or do them yourself :giggle:?

Edited by Lewisb1989
  • Like 1