Falkland Islanders & the Falkland Islands.

Ootohere

Scribbler,

I do not think you can speak for the large percentage or the majority of the British People.

Be that on the British Empire or any other subject.

A high percentage might not even have the same language as you as their first language.

Some might not even understand what you are writing.

Maybe best to speak for your self, unless actually talking to everyone and hearing their opinions.

george

WTF are u on about???? Where the hell did i jump on any anti engish bandwagon and then you spout off about slavery and the british empire.. Get a grip man plus the topic is the falklands.

Only the first bit was directed to you the rest was just generalising look at the list of people who have contributed to this topic there nearly all from scotland. Its creating a distorted view. Are you saying that its not a disproportionate number compared to the forum demographic? Is it then just coincidental that the main arguement about the Argentinian Claim is that the UK is still trying to 'play empire' and colonialism? Admit it you have some deep underlying feelings of repression by the English and feel some common ground with the argentinians claim to the island its very similar in that respect to scotlands independence although in my opinion both arguments are farcial for reason i have already put.

Scribbler,

I do not think you can speak for the large percentage or the majority of the British People.

Be that on the British Empire or any other subject.

I'm not and have never claimed to be a spokespearson for the British People your making the same mistake as the honourable Jockdooshbag. I'm mearly giving my opinion on what i believe to be the opinion of a percentage of the people. I think if a poll was caried out then it would support my theory. I could quite easily be proved wrong but i think you may have a distorted view coming from scotland. That said you are a minority when it comes to the population of the British Isles and i think my opinion to be correct. Its not really said to be antagonistic to the scotts just representitive of a proud Englishman of which there are many.

Only the first bit was directed to you the rest was just generalising look at the list of people who have contributed to this topic there nearly all from scotland. Its creating a distorted view. Are you saying that its not a disproportionate number compared to the forum demographic? Is it then just coincidental that the main arguement about the Argentinian Claim is that the UK is still trying to 'play empire' and colonialism? Admit it you have some deep underlying feelings of repression by the English and feel some common ground with the argentinians claim to the island its very similar in that respect to scotlands independence although in my opinion both arguments are farcial for reason i have already put.

You have lost the plot entirely now mate. Im only interested in discussing the falklands and for the record i dont really care if we retain them or not i'll let the inhabitants decide, i was merely interested in the debate about natural resources.

I'll leave you to your delusional conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

I'm not and have never claimed to be a spokespearson for the British People your making the same mistake as the honourable Jockdooshbag. I'm mearly giving my opinion on what i believe to be the opinion of a percentage of the people. I think if a poll was caried out then it would support my theory. I could quite easily be proved wrong but i think you may have a distorted view coming from scotland. That said you are a minority when it comes to the population of the British Isles and i think my opinion to be correct. Its not really said to be antagonistic to the scotts just representitive of a proud Englishman of which there are many.

LOL couldnt ignore this contradiction. eejit.

LOL couldnt ignore this contradiction. eejit.

Its not a contradiction You can hold an opinion about someonelses opinion. The reason you fail to understand this is because you believe your opinion to be fact. I on the otherhand know that my opinion is exactly that 'an opinion'

Its not a contradiction You can hold an opinion about someonelses opinion. The reason you fail to understand this is because you believe your opinion to be fact. I on the otherhand know that my opinion is exactly that 'an opinion'

Please tell me which opinion i believe to be fact? The opinion i have that you dont speak for the Scottish nation?

If you dont believe your own opinions are fact then you are admitting they are wrong. The whole point of an opinion is that it is what you believe to be fact. So effectively you admit your own opinion are wrong and not facts. eejit.

I am a 'Proud to be a British person' and happen to be posting from Scotland some of the time,

Part of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Not so proud of much that the British have done in the past, sadly.

This often seems to bring out the 'Proud English People' on this forum.

george

i think my opinion to be correct.

The reason you fail to understand this is because you believe your opinion to be fact. I on the otherhand know that my opinion is exactly that 'an opinion'

Contradiction again numpty. You keep setting them up and ill keep knocking them down.

Not so proud of much that the British have done in the past, sadly.

This often seems to bring out the 'Proud English People' on this forum.

george

You have lost the plot entirely now mate. Im only interested in discussing the falklands and for the record i dont really care if we retain them or not i'll let the inhabitants decide, i was merely interested in the debate about natural resources.

I'll leave you to your delusional conspiracy theories.

Thanks both of you for perfectly illustrating my point, not a view you would get from the english old enough to remember the conflict. (In my opinion - for dooschbags benefit).

Kids these days in england especially are taught that we invaded these countries raped and pillaged and we should be eternally embarressed about our past. All im trying to say is that we should be proud of our contributions to the worlds development and if the inhabitents of the Faulklands wish to remain as they are under british protection then that should be given all our support. And Argentinia's posturing should be rebuffed in the strongest possible terms. We need to get these aircraft carriers built quickly though otherwise its just empty threats. My opinion is that you may not feel as strongly about it due to being from scotland. I would suspect the Welsh and irish feel similar about it.

I think that some, sometimes need to think of the nationality of those that serve and have always served in the British Forces from around the Commonwealth,

& the low percentage that might be English born.

We do need to be embarrassed at things done in the past in our names, that is IMO.

It is starting to come out now just what we have been doing in the decades since WW2.

Some terrible terrible things in many areas of the world.

The Chagos Islands being an example of what a UK Government can do.

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chagos_Archipelago

george

I thought you said you were half Scottish in another of your posts?

My Grandmother on my motherside was from scotland and my grandfarther on my dads side

was also although im sure if you trace their ancestory its probably from somewhere else and my

english side probably ends up being more scotish. Which is why when i refer to myself as english

its only because i was born here.

My opinion is that you may not feel as strongly about it due to being from scotland. I would suspect the Welsh and irish feel similar about it.

There you go again. Give it a rest man. Stop expressing an opinion on what others may think and certainly dont imply what you think i might be thinking. You have no idea what the welsh and irish think either.

I remember the falklands war and fully support the action but i havent expressed any other opinion on how i feel the falklands should be handled. I was merely enjoying a debate on the situation untill you turned up and started putting words in everyones mouths.

Contradiction again numpty. You keep setting them up and ill keep knocking them down.

Again another example of your stupidity both statements can coexisting without contradiction.

If you didn't believe your opinion to be true it wouldn't be your opinion. However a person can acknowledge that its their opinion and 'not fact' and under scrutinity your opinion could be proved to be factually incorrect. You may at this stage revise your opinion but it would still be an opinion that you believed to be true. The very fact that you seam unable to comprehend this dichotomy just shows how self opnionated you are and the lact of ability in understanding the difference between your own opinion and fact. You can't argue with a person such as yourself because you will never be able to comprehend the premice that your opinion might be wrong.

Again another example of your stupidity both statements can coexisting without contradiction.

If you didn't believe your opinion to be true it wouldn't be your opinion. However a person can acknowledge that its their opinion and 'not fact' and under scrutinity your opinion could be proved to be factually incorrect. You may at this stage revise your opinion but it would still be an opinion that you believed to be true. The very fact that you seam unable to comprehend this dichotomy just shows how self opnionated you are and the lact of ability in understanding the difference between your own opinion and fact. You can't argue with a person such as yourself because you will never be able to comprehend the premice that your opinion might be wrong.

PMSL. Pot, kettle, black.

You forget that i havent expressed an opinion. You have . Its your opinion that i have a problem with as its an opinion on what other people think. Basically you think you are speaking on behalf of others but i can assure you that you are not whether you believe it or not.

Speak as much 5hite as you like mate and it looks as if you like to spout a lot, but stop including anyone else or any other nations in your rants as you dont speak for them and cant assume or guess how they feel.

So because we're from Scotland, we're not entitled to views on the Falklands? Or do you mean that our views are just less important thant those of people from England?

And you wonder why Scots want independance!

So because we're from Scotland, we're not entitled to views on the Falklands? Or do you mean that our views are just less important thant those of people from England?

And you wonder why Scots want independance!

Wow you lot are defensive, I mearly said they might be different how you extrapolate 'less important' from i will never know. Everyone from everywhere is entitled to their opinion and each will be weighted the same in merrit even if not involved on either side. However you can surely understand that your viewpoint might be different based on your geographical location? what is up with you lot seriously.

Wow you lot are defensive, I mearly said they might be different how you extrapolate 'less important' from i will never know. Everyone from everywhere is entitled to their opinion and each will be weighted the same in merrit even if not involved on either side. However you can surely understand that your viewpoint might be different based on your geographical location? what is up with you lot seriously.

You're the only one who felt it necessary to mention Scots. Most people who're agreeing with opinions on the Interweb stand mute rather than going {AOL}Me too{/AOL}. Most people who disagree don't feel it necessary to drag the nationality of the people they're disagreeing with into it, unless they're that breed of Englishman who think they're superior because they're English.

You're the only one who felt it necessary to mention Scots. Most people who're agreeing with opinions on the Interweb stand mute rather than going {AOL}Me too{/AOL}. Most people who disagree don't feel it necessary to drag the nationality of the people they're disagreeing with into it, unless they're that breed of Englishman who think they're superior because they're English.

Hang on i didn't bring up nationallity it was the OP before i jumped in and only then because i saw it becoming a UK bashing excercise. Read from the start you will see i replied to a post about scotland being brought up by the OP.

However you can surely understand that your viewpoint might be different based on your geographical location? what is up with you lot seriously.

The problem is you were stating what you thought our viewpoint was. State your own viewpoint and we will state ours if we want to. We dont need you speculating what our viewpoint is especially as some of your own opinions are nonsense. As i said first off speak for youself mate and not for anyone else. Many of your posts highlight your belief that you think you know what several nations are thinking. You clearly do not so keep your mis guided opinions to yourself.

Sorry,

me again caused that.

I used George Galloway MP as a mouthpiece in #35.

(he is an English MP that got in with 18,341 British Votes & a 10,140 majority.

or

a British MP in England, voted for by 'British people' in an English constituency after all, and well out of Scotland)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21758191

so, #36,

then me in #37, wrong as usual,

my bad.

george

• Like 1

"seconds out, round two"

Now I think the interesting point is this, the Falklands want to be British Overseas Territory, not part of the UK. So they're currently not paying us anything towards the vast sums we shell out to defend them. They are like the Isle of Man or the Cayman Islands, ie they're independent. Now if oil (or anything else valuable) turns up, do we get the dosh, or do we just get to give them a big bill for the MOD?

(My Scottishness is entirely incidental to this discussion) :giggle: