Dagnammit!

Sporky McGuffin

I'm meant to be picking up Yeti no 2 a week today, but someone's put a dent in the rear passenger side wheelarch, right on the crease. Took it in to the dealer to have a look at and he's said that the door may need to be re-skinned (which sounds odd to me - the paint isn't broken). I have a horrible feeling they'll use this to drastically reduce the trade-in - I originally got what I thought was a pretty good cost to change. :(

I'm meant to be picking up Yeti no 2 a week today, but someone's put a dent in the rear passenger side wheelarch, right on the crease. Took it in to the dealer to have a look at and he's said that the door may need to be re-skinned (which sounds odd to me - the paint isn't broken). I have a horrible feeling they'll use this to drastically reduce the trade-in - I originally got what I thought was a pretty good cost to change. :(

Really sorry to hear this, it's the thing that's always in my mind once I've agreed a PX.

S*d's law, isn't it?

On the fold is awkward. Years ago, I had both offside doors creased; the front, which was damaged up to and into the frame line, was dressed with no residual ripples, whilst the apparently lightly-damaged rear door had to be reskinned.

• Like 1

Try "chips away", they fixed ahem a few issues I have caused after learning to drive again after 20 years of riding bikes ;-)

JeZ

• Like 1

On the fold is awkward. Years ago, I had both offside doors creased; the front, which was damaged up to and into the frame line, was dressed with no residual ripples, whilst the apparently lightly-damaged rear door had to be reskinned.

Don't suppose you can remember what the reskinning cost?

Well our drivers door needed repainting after a dog jumped on it and scratched it which also meant the rear door and front wing also got painted so as to get the paint colour to match perfectly.

And just that cost us £480 so a reskin and repaint I would expect to be £1000 plus as that's a total door strip the old skin being cut off the new skin spot welded and glued/sealed the the outer and inner door need to be resprayed and the surrounding original paint moulded into the same colour.

So not cheap at all.

I would try a painless dent removal guy as these guys are excellent at what they do and the guy I used said the job was not 100% on the dent removal so he did it half price but I could not see the dent anymore.

And the dent was pretty big as the rear boot lid mould line on my old focus had been pushed right in to a opposite of what it was originally.

And this guy managed to pull out the dent without any paint damage or flaking.

If it's metallic paint I doubt Chips Away (or the like) will do it well enough. I caught a post when turning into a driveway last summer and scratched / dented the rear door. I hoped for a cheap repair via one of these companies but apparently the light blue metallic colour mine is in, meant it needed the whole door plus parts bordering it to be resprayed.

Thankfully I have family in the trade and my brother-in-law pulled in a favour owed to him and I got it done cost price. Was still over £300 though.

Just got a voicemail from the nice man at the dealer - they're not changing the deal at all. My guess is that the lower mileage makes up for the dent. Or they're just being nice. Either way I am a happy otter. :)

Well done, you must be relieved?

I am indeed! Any time anything like this happens my brain starts to imagine the worst things that could possibly happen. :D

Cool...They can easily fix it anyway themselves. I pointed out a scrape on the wheel and said should I get it repaired my dealer said don't bother they would have it fixed before they resell anyway.

BR

JeZ

This reminds me that I should say who it is - Garland Skoda in Aldershot. This'll be my second Yeti from them and if I get another Skoda (which is quite possible in 3-4 years time) it'll very likely be from them again.

They're a good dealer, it's where I got mine from...

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I got my current Yeti from them and they were great with that one too - also never had a problem with test drives; two Superbs and an Octy VRS while deciding what to go for. I like that they do unaccompanied test drives - much better than having someone whittering on about impeccable road manners and calling an inanimate object "she" constantly. :D