Height of Yeti with aerial

weyland

Hi all

Can someone confirm the height of a Yeti with aerial in place - The design of my garage door means it does not open as high as some and want to check and Yeti will fit in without the aerial catching. The dimensions that I have seen refer to roof line.

Thanks

I've measured my Greenline at just less than 6ft,about 178cm.

The "normal" Yetis should be 20mm taller than that.

The earlier yetis had a longer Bee sting type aerial by about 5cm.

My brochure says 1691mm to top of roof bars. I have removed the aerial (noticed no difference to anything) as my spare is often on the roof and the aerial is prone to be damaged otherwise. The garage I use for the Yeti is best entered in reverse because of the up and over door. You may find it helps you too?

I park my Yeti in the garage. I drive in and there is only about 6 inches between the bumper and the door when closed. No problem catching the aerial . I have the short satnav type aerial.

I found that my up-and -over garage door was scratching the rear wiper arm when I opened the tailgate, and there was a danger of it damaging the washer nozzle. The tailgate won't open to it's full height. Solved by riveting a strip of thick rubber to the cross bracing of the door where they touch.

If you remove the aerial (to give more headroom) don't forget to replace it when you are out and about in the rain. Otherwise water can get into the aerial base & may cause damage ---- which then becomes an expensive "fix".

Buy one of the 3" rubber aerials off Ebay to plug the hole & you should find it virtually the same height as the roofbars.

Edited by speedsport