Day 1 with my 1.4 TSi SE Plus

andyml

Hi Folks - this is my first stab at embedding a photo here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andy1951/8578128330/in/photostream

I've just picked up my Yeti and can't wait to accumulate some mileage. She's very smooth, quiet and refined and I'll need to get up to speed on the Amundsen + whatsit. I love the Sat Nav voice... reminds me very much of the soothing voice one hears on BA flights during the saftety briefing.

On my first journey today using the Sat Nav I diverted into a fuel station and then went off route...Madam took exception to this and I lost the guidance on the useful mini repeater display. Does anyone have any ideas whay went wrong here?...user error I'm sure.....how could I recover the display?

I expect I'll have lots of more questions and hope I don't wear out my welcome....Oh yes...while I was doing a lap of Richmond park I saw another Silver Yeti approaching and we exchanged a friendly wave....

brgds Andy

A VERY rare silver Yeti! I'm always amazed how scarce this popular colour (on other cars) is on the Yeti.

Enjoy the beastie!

Yay! Congrats Andy. I'm not normally a fan of silver cars but it does look good on the yeti.

Ps have fun in the snow tomorrow everyone

Edited by Dinski

Thanks for your encouragement chaps - I've had silver on my last three cars and it works for me I guess. Looking forward to a longer drive at the weekend - I'm running a Dr Bike session for a local school tomorrow morning.

Hi Andy,

To fix the problem with the repeater go to the steering wheel controls and press the return button it has the standard symbol for things on it press it till you see the list Mrs, audio...nav. Select nav and you'll see the repeater again I hope...if still having problems I'll make a photo description tomorrow...br

JeZ

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

....I've only just joined the forum, been reading various posts and trying to decide which version to go for.

Hello, MarieK, and welcome :hi: . Lots of info here about the different versions but as long as it's a Yeti you'll be alright!

• Like 1

Thanks Jezzep

Reading this on my sofa it doesn't mean much to me right now but I'll run through it tomorrow - thanks for taking the time to help :-)

A VERY rare silver Yeti! I'm always amazed how scarce this popular colour (on other cars) is on the Yeti.

A dealer told me that the reason there are so many silver cars is that it's everybody's 'second choice' colour. People tend to have strong opinions about colours of cars. I love red, but others hate it. I know the muscovado is really popular, but I wouldn't want it. I feel 'meh' about silver, it wouldn't be my preference, but I could live with it. A lot of fleet buyers order all their cars in silver because they know that when they offer them to the second hand market a couple of years down the line they'll sell comparatively easily ... it's why you see so many silver 'repmobiles'.

Enjoy the beastie Andy.

Enjoy the beastie!

The silver is a good colour but for us it has always been our 'safe colour' (one we could both agree on) which is why, with the Yeti, we went for a colour that was anything but silver. The muscovado we have is definitely a Marmite colour - love it or hate it! We loved it and it went well with the Gobi leather interior. The new L&K on order is the Steel Grey.

Thanks for your encouragement chaps - I've had silver on my last three cars and it works for me I guess. Looking forward to a longer drive at the weekend - I'm running a Dr Bike session for a local school tomorrow morning.

Andyml

May I congratulate you on your very perceptive and cultured choice of colour. - but I would say that! :love:

You will find that it almost always looks bright and clean even though its covered in fields of muck.

Love the Yeti in light bright colours, but in dark colours, to me, it looks like a blob - sorry to all those who have gone to the dark side. :bandit:

• Like 1

People tend to have strong opinions about colours of cars.

You mean the SWMBOs have a strong opinion about colour? :giggle:

• Like 1

Mikewales - you're spot on! My Yeti will be driven down many unmade tracks during fishing trips and silver reduces the appearance of grime in my opinion. And looks even nicer when clean and sparkling. There was a used petrol blue metallic Yeti in the showroom which the salesman told me he could have sold quicker if it had been silver.

Depends what colour the mud is, Andy!! :giggle:

umm Brown? :think:

Though of course down here on the south cost of Pembrokehsire it would be red.

A dealer told me that the reason there are so many silver cars is that it's everybody's 'second choice' colour. People tend to have strong opinions about colours of cars. I love red, but others hate it. I know the muscovado is really popular, but I wouldn't want it. I feel 'meh' about silver, it wouldn't be my preference, but I could live with it. A lot of fleet buyers order all their cars in silver because they know that when they offer them to the second hand market a couple of years down the line they'll sell comparatively easily ... it's why you see so many silver 'repmobiles'.

Enjoy the beastie Andy.

Deep down you always wanted to be Fireman Steve!

Cheers :beer:

Peter

PS Snow all over the place up here in Gods own county.

umm Brown? :think:

Though of course down here on the south cost of Pembrokehsire it would be red.

Exactly, and that's a different red to George's Brecon red, or the grey mud I get in Hafren Forest :giggle:

• Like 1

Thanks Jezzep

Reading this on my sofa it doesn't mean much to me right now but I'll run through it tomorrow - thanks for taking the time to help :-)

Sorry you're right I was in engineer mode look for down arrow on steering wheel controls.

Br

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Many thanks JeZ...gotcha! Easy when you know isn't it? Many thanks again!

Andy :-)

No problem....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Very impressed with the torque from the 1.4 - I change up when recommended by the info panel at what seems quite low revs and she pulls sweetly and cleanly. Very much enjoying my Yeti - next challenge is finding bout how to remove the internal bike rack so I can familiarise myself with the p****ture kit :-)