Would high mileage put anybody off?

Hi guys still new to the forum, after deciding against a mk2 vRS im looking at some mk1s next week, ive seen one but the milage is getting on towards 150k, would this bother anybody, the owner says it is serviced often so ive asked what the history is like, i know the AUQ is a good engine as i used to have a golf anniversary with the same engine but mine had only half the miles, whats your experiances etc?? Thanks Yatsy

Mine is on 128k runs lovely and has full history. Just check the usual items, something I would check on a high miler is what tyres are fitted. If they are half decent brands (not berty budgets) and fairly new I'd say it's had a bit of attention paid to it at least by the owner you're buying it from.

Not if there is good evidence the car has been serviced correctly. Low mileage usually puts me off a car, though - often there have been many cold starts and short trips through traffic. Start using this sort of car seriously and all sorts of problems may arise.

Check obvious things with the general state of repair of the car. If they're not good then it probably hasn't been looked after. That would be my deal breaker.

• Like 1

yup, as jonneh says, thats a better test, high miles if looked after, and 'motorway miles' then it wouldn't necessarily put me off, however there are plenty of lower mile mk1s out there too

147k on mine, bought at 143, full history and a lot of money spent on it. As said, the history with the car is what makes it worth buying. Plenty of high mileage chav abused bangers out there but plenty of good ones too. Vag stuff doesn't seem to suffer with the miles if it's been looked after.

I used to be put off, but not any more. As everyone says it's all down to the individual car and previous owners. My little Pug has done over 133k miles but is fine. It's previous owner spent a fortune on engine rebuilds, suspension and general maintenance. If you buy from a geek on an owners forum then you might have more of a chance of a decent car.

If they wana be ***** mate they will be

Low or High miles

A evil car is a evil car :(

Mines very low and im sure he spends his time sharpening the next shiny knife to insert when my back is turned lol

Fucher !!!!

• Like 1