Skoda Superb Elegance are the heated seats working correctly?

Hi. I became proud owner of 58 plate Skoda Superb Elegance 4x4 170 CR in Maroon Red :)This is my first post on this forum. I have never had car with heated seats before. I just wonder if my driver heated seat work correctly as when I put heating on highest setting 3 after few minutes seats start getting warmer. The problem is that seat warming up only my back not my bum? Is that how they work or is something not right? I have bought that car from dealer in Laymington near Southampton and they give me 1 year full Skoda warranty. Is that something that would be covered by warranty? Thank you in advance for all your help.

Should be about half way up your back and on seat squab as well one push of button gives high setting which shoul lower after 10 minutes which mine doesn't. Two lower settings are a waste of time

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

• Like 1

chances are the base pad is broke (like mine).

dealer wants £80 for a new element + fitting which I expect would take a few hours.

i'll get mine done eventually, but having just had mot, service, cambelt and 2 tyres with oil service on dsg to come I may have to wait a while....

Definitely sounds like the squab heater element has gone. Seats should be properly warm after 5 minutes. I take it you've checked all of your fuses?

58 plate won't have vented seats so no worries there.

I personally find level 3 is too hot after about 5 minutes, setting 1 is fine for long journeys, setting 2 if my back is playing up :dull:

Never noticed the settings ever changing after 10 minutes, mine stay on all the time until the next time I use the car.

Yes that's correct I do not heave ventilated seats. Basically the seat getting really warm at level of

my lover back (kidneys). I travel to work 6miles everyday and it takes sometimes about 20min to get to my workplace.

If I set seat heating to highest setting (3 green lights) it doesn't changing to lower after 10min ever. It stays

the same all the time till I decide to turn it off or just lover the setting. Unfortunately in 20min travel to work every day

my bum is still cold.

I haven't checked my fuses. I will do it today. Would be great if that was only fuse.

If squab heater is gone is that something that they will repair under warranty?

80£ for repair is not that bad. But I understand what you mean. Is like me just got the car spend all that money

Then my miss locked both keys 1h after we collected car and drive it back home. Cost me 100£ for locksmith to

Open the car as she left both keys in boot.

I may visit my local dealer (if its not fuse) on Monday to see what they will say.

Third Superb with heated seats, never had a 10 min auto lowering of temp. 1st press max heat, 2nd mid heat, 3rd low heat. 5 mins on high nice warm seat then set to low for a few mins then turn off, warm seat for rest of journey.

If 2nd and 3rd position not giving heat there is a fault.

I have checked fuses and they all ok. I have done small test for front passenger seat. I have switched heated seat to highest setting and left car running for 10min. After that time the back was really warm but I could not really tell that squat was any warm as didn't feal like got any warmer. Then decided to sit down. After about 30sec I started to feel heat coming out from squat. Looks like driver squat heating has gone as suggested above. Need to test now rear heated seats as didn't have opportunity to do so yet. Looks like I have to visit my local dealer.

Mine stay on all the time until the next time I use the car.

In case anyone will find it useful, there's a setting in VCDS to have the heated seat come back on at the same level next time you restart the car. Handy if your back pain is chronic.

If that is so why does mine have three settings that seem to work for me both rear and front.

To clarify, this is in response to people saying that their seat heaters do not automatically adjust the power setting:

- The front heated seats will stay on whatever power setting you have selected

- The rear heated seats, if placed on setting 3, will lower to setting 2 after ten minutes. If set on setting 2 or 1 they will stay on this setting.

Owners manual, page 77:

rear_seat_heater.png

Edited by wokwon
  • Like 2

Ah all is clear now well it is day :sun: light outside now. :happy: Mind you after few minutes I always turn them down as it gets too warm. :rofl:

Edited by Danny 57

• 7 months later...

The drivers seat in my 59 Superb seems to be playing up. It now only seems to heat up on setting 1 - is there a drop resistor in there somewhere ? If so, where should I look for this ? Any other ideas ?