Rattle from passenger door card or glove box area?

Hello,

I have a Monte which is about 3 months old now, recently i have noticed a rattle coming from the passenger side of the car coming from either the door card or around the glove box. I have removed everything from the glove box and its still very audible and i don't tend to drive with the radio on and its really starting to get to me. Has anyone heard of this before or know what it might be?

Thanks in advance, i have always had really great replies off of everybody on this forum.

Cheers again.

Haven't noticed this, but your best first bet is to exactly narrow down the location. Take a passenger for a ride and get him/her to listen and/or prod a few places until you have the problem spot isolated. That will help you decide on the best cure.

Haven't noticed this, but your best first bet is to exactly narrow down the location. Take a passenger for a ride and get him/her to listen and/or prod a few places until you have the problem spot isolated. That will help you decide on the best cure.

Same. Never experienced this on a Fabia. But is there any chance something dropped into an air vent? Leaves, parking slips etc? I've done that heals of times.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

If you raise a bit the rpm in idle does it go away? If this happens its the fuel high pressure pump, this happens on cold starts.

???????? ??? ?? GT-P7500 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk 2

Louis, hi and a nice choice of car. It could be a number of things causing the rattle of course, but on a Fabia Mk2 it's often the air intake pipe where it joins the front grille air intake. Not all cars are affected and it only tends to happen on the overun at certain revs or as you hold a certain amount of revs in the lower to intermediate range on a light throttle. I posted about this a year or two ago. I don't have time right now to find the original post for you which had photos showing the problem and the fix. But, the air intake pipe is a male into female fixing and it is not a tight fit. The clips that hold it allow the pipe to have some movement (which is not required by the way) and it resonates up the pipe to the bulkhead and through into the inside of the car. It shows as a rattle around the upper glovebox area, right about where the airbag is on the passenger side. It sounds a bit like a loose cable or pipe rattling against the underside of the airbag lid, or just like a loose door card. But it is just this pipe resonating. It sounds like an unlikely candidate I know but loads of us have had this and all of us have fixed it with some simple gaffer tape carefully wrapped around the end of the air intake pipe where it goes into the female fitting on the inside of the front grille. I'll try to find the original post later tonight if I can. Don't know what time I'll be back today though so may be tomorrow.

• Like 1

I had a rattle from the passenger side of my dashboard on my monte carlo too, something had come loose behind, trip to dealership and they put it right FOC.

It's under warranty so just drop it into your local dealership and get them to sort it :)

Louis, I get this intermittently, also a rattle from the stereo surround.

Estate man - thanks fo rthe tips, I will try that this weekend.

As for the stereo surround, I might pack out the gap behind, as it flexes slightly and stops when you press it.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, the rattling noise from the passanger side dashboard at Fabia II 1,2 TSI 63/77kW engines comes from the fuel pipeline. At the low idle speed 650-750 RPM this pipeline takes resonance frequency and rattle in the pipeline tunnel. This has been observed on many Fabias since 2010 and solved in authorised services SKODA by some absorbing sealing pushed in to the pipeline tunnel close to the front windshield washer tank. Please look in the attachment, where the black plastic sealing is placed. Regards Jiri, (Czech Rep.) I'rve just bought 3yo Fabia 2010 and got it already solved from previous owner and authorised service Skoda.

post-102826-0-84035100-1367163094_thumb.jpg