Anyone know these cars?

I'm looking at 2 VRSs this weekend and was hoping the previous owners might be on here with any info

Both are green and that's all i know

Reg numbers are - FT60 SMX and FT60 BLN

Any info?

Cheers

Given these both start with FT60, are they ex fleet cars?

Phone up Skoda Customer Services and ask what work has been done. They were helpful when I contacted them about the vRS I eventually bought

Edited by Claireysmurf

Bit of a coincidence they both start with BT as these are at differenr dealers (aprox 80 miles apart)

Both are up at £9995 - 1 has done 30k and the other 11k

Leased cars end up all over the place once there handed back, my lads basic 59 plate Fabia 1 was supplied by Rainworth new, used by a company over in Cheshire if the service book stamps are anything to go by and ended up on the forecourt in Lincoln where he bought it. Oh our Monte also came from there and was originally registered FT62 *** before we transferred a cherished plate onto the vehicle.

TP

11,817 miles, £9990 from a Google

& thats just an 'Asking Price' nearer £9000 will be enough IMO. £9500 max.

The 30,000 mile one will be more like £8500 grand for cash.

I would probably not even look at it.

george

That's the 1 i'm supposed to be leaving a deposit on tommorow - looks clean :)

They're giving me over book price for my car in p/x so it is a good deal - never even sat in 1 so got to decide tonight whether to go for it of not?

I'm sure they are fine but I personally wouldn't dream of forking out £10k on a vRS which has potentiallly less than 6months warranty left...

Both cars are jan 2010 registered so will have 8 months warranty left - as i change within 3-4 months it'll be long enough :) can the warranty be extended after 3 years?

Both cars are jan 2010 registered so will have 8 months warranty left - as i change within 3-4 months it'll be long enough :) can the warranty be extended after 3 years?

Bet you are a car dealers wet-dream lol!

Sounds like warranty not an issue so go for it and enjoy :-)

What do you know about the 12,000 mile car?

Call Skoda UK Customer Services and ask if any warranty work has been done,

no problem if there was, if done correctly.

It should have a 12 month/10,000 mile service already done.

& it should have had a 24 month/20,000 mile service done already.

I would look at getting an Extended Warranty before buying one.

You need to know how to check the Oil Level when taking the car for a Road Test.

The oil needs to be Hot after at least 5 miles, then sit and check.

i will post the Owners Manual in a minute so you can see the Oil level is Correct,

not too high or too low.

george

This is a VW Owners manual, but clearer on how to check the oil level.

Bet you are a car dealers wet-dream lol!

Sounds like warranty not an issue so go for it and enjoy :-)

Bought my last 5 cars from the same dealer - he was cheap and the cars were mint when i got the first couple but his prices have gone up and quality gone down - hence why i'm looking at other dealers

64 cars so far to date and 17 motorbikes - costs me all my wages :think:

Look at the log book, I have a Yeti and a Fabia both from Mitchells, both had DF as first two letters, one is a lease car and one is privately owned.

Even if they are lease cars what is the problem?

Go, test drive and make your decision on the day, both low mileage if you ask me.

robby,

can i ask what you are trading in, that you are getting over book on.?

Is it at 'Motor Depot' ?

What has the vRS got,

ie, Reversing Sensors, glasses holder or any optional extras,

george

Yep the 11000 mile car is at Motordepot

I'm trading in a 59 plate Renaultsport Clio 200, 27k, every extra except Recaros, mint condition - had this for 4 months (long time for me) - just fancy something newer and more economical than 26mpg

Not sure on options on the VRS - can't see anything and there aren't any pics of interior - guess it's the basic model?

64 cars, that's awesome! How long did it take you to rack up that list? I can get bored easy with cars but I don't think SWMBO would tolerate that hehe

Been driving 24 years, average ownership over last 15 years is 2-3 months due to boredom

Most cars have been "hot hatches" - Focus ST, Imprezas (x3), TT, Astra VXR, Corsa VXR (lasted 3 weeks), Golf GTi (edition30), Cupra, etc - also had a couple of Freelanders and 5 BMWs in the mix :)

Currently own a Triumph Street Triple R which i've had for just over a year which i don't think i'll ever get to ride again due to the crappy weather :(

I would have thought you could sell your Clio all day long privately for good money,

the dealer obviously knows they can.

? Are they offering only £7500 or £8000 on the Clio?

Then the world is your Oyster in buying a used vRS with ready money.

The country is full of them and with longer Warranties.

I must have a nosy and see what your car is actually worth.

george

EDIT,

It looks like they could put the Clio out with a £9500-£10,200 'asking price'.

Maybe give me an idea what you paid for it 4 months ago.

or does not matter, if you do not want to,

I would have thought you could sell your Clio all day long privately for good money,

the dealer obviously knows they can.

? Are they offering only £7500 or £8000 on the Clio?

Then the world is your Oyster in buying a used vRS with ready money.

The country is full of them and with longer Warranties.

I must have a nosy and see what your car is actually worth.

george

EDIT,

It looks like they could put the Clio out with a £9500-£10,200 'asking price'.

Maybe give me an idea what you paid for it 4 months ago.

or does not matter, if you do not want to,

I've been offered £8k for the Clio - both dealers say book price is £7700 - £8k

I paid £9k, spent quite a bit since - rear spoiler in paint/fit - £350, 4 new tyres - £380, black speedlines - £300, filters - £50

Problem selling private is it can take a while, too many timewasters and if sold it's difficult getting to view replacement cars - much easier to trade in

JCT text me today knocking another £300 off their car - not enough when the motordepot 1 has 19k less miles

Didn't leave a deposit today - think i'll drive over tommorow and see it in the flesh and see if i like how it drives before commiting

It is true, lots of time wasters, people coming and trying to tell you that the car had so many smashes it must be write off and no chance it has just passed MOT :D. But then each time I did it I got I average £2k more than trade in price. I think it is worth the wait in my book.