Picking my VRS up tomorrow

Initial impressions.

Really like the engine/gearbox combo - much prefer it to the TDI DSG combo in my Mk6 Golf and the economy wasn't too shabby at 40mpg but I was just cruising at 50-70.

The ride comfort is pretty good, but now considering the Eibach's to remove the bounce over bumps, especially at speed.

Overall really happy with the car, for the price it beats everything, just wish I hadn't spec'd the steering wheel controls which are a waste of money.

I like the little extra bling on the steering wheel. It's one of my few (minor) complaints about the car: given the amount of "blackness" in the interior, a few extra bits of aluminium here and there would not go astray. And they'd hardly blow the budget out of the water either.

Yeah straight swop, everything works as per the swing. Bluetooth and maxi dot work the same.

Now I have a bigger screen, 6 disc changer, sd card slot and it looks much better. The shiny black surround matches the new wheel.

Paid £150 for it brand new off eBay and if I can get £75 for the swing it's not a bad deal.

• Like 1

Looks fantastic! That is interesting about the bolero, I shall have to consider that when my vRS arrives in a few weeks... Can you confirm the MDI works as it should as well?

Mine's going to look very similar to yours but with the black wheels - very excited!

Struggling to confirm the MDI as I have an iPhone 5 which I don't think is supported by it. If I get hold of a mates MDI cable for an iPhone 4 I'll test it for you.

It does support Bluetooth audio though and I don't think the Swing does that?

Make sure you get the Bolero from a Superb and not from an Octavia which is a shame as the Octavia one is more common and therefore cheaper but won't fit your car.

• Like 1

The alloy decision was ridiculous, chrome, black, silver, chrome, black, chrome, silver.

In the end my sensible side won, on the basis I couldn't really choose I went for the cheapest and the easiest to repair.

Having picked the car up, very happy with my decision, think they they look great with the new badges as well.

Struggling to confirm the MDI as I have an iPhone 5 which I don't think is supported by it. If I get hold of a mates MDI cable for an iPhone 4 I'll test it for you.

It does support Bluetooth audio though and I don't think the Swing does that?

Make sure you get the Bolero from a Superb and not from an Octavia which is a shame as the Octavia one is more common and therefore cheaper but won't fit your car.

That's great info Bob, thanks very much. I didn't spec bluetooth with mine, so I'm guessing wont be able to use this with a Bolero either. I have an iPhone 5 myself and have heard that the official Apple adaptors work, but am likely to use it with an old ipod that i can just leave in the car in any case.

I also didn't spec climate, and really like the look of the interior with the climate screen instead of the dials. Oh this waiting makes me question everything!!!