Just got some vw polo bluemotion side skirts for my fabia vrs

Joe41

I have just got some vw polo bluemotion side skirts for my fabia vrs won them on ebay for a £25 delivered,but the person that had them never put them on his car but the guy he got them off of had screwed them onto his sills with self tappers 5 on each side so i have spent a few hours filling the holes and sanding and primering them.I have never heard of someone screwing side skirts onto a car there are some crazy people out there.

Well after finishing the prep on the sidskirts i have tried to fit them on the car with some masking tape just to see if they fit ok,but by the looks of it they fit like a bag of s###e.It would be interested to see if someone has done this before to see if they come up to the door line because but on the car the skirt sits very low on the sill as you will see in the pictures according to the shape of the skirt they are not a perfect fit by a long shot the shape of it seems to be different inside the sideskirt.How do you add pictures i have a 14 meg camera its not copy and pasteing the pictures help please.

Edited by Joe41

You need to host them on a website like photobucket first, then copy and paste the created link on here.

Interested to see how these fit the fabia. I heard you can get Gti sideskirts on a fabia with a bit of fettling too so these shouldn't be too difficult. Obviously they aren't bolt(glue) on.

the length is fine but the shape on the inside is different i would like them to be tight to the sill but by the looks of it there will be lots of space for dirt to get in just not sure what to cut to get them tighter to the sill i will play about with them but they are getting the tiger seal treatment to make sure they dont come off but has anyone got these sideskirts already?

Joe41, as I am getting older, I am just curious to know about your wheel and tyre choice. When a tyre is too narrow for the rim is there a risk of it coming off?

Also where does this look originate from?

Heres how my polo gti skirts are turning out ;)

Still have tape holding them while the sealant seals. But the fit perfect :)

20130329_172627.jpg

20130329_172028-1.jpg

can you ask the body shop did they cut some of the inside of the skirts to make them fit because the fit is rubbish

Joe41, as I am getting older, I am just curious to know about your wheel and tyre choice. When a tyre is too narrow for the rim is there a risk of it coming off?

i may be wrong but they look like the correct 205/45/16 standard size tyres??

I just got standard wheels and tyres nothing else

can you ask the body shop did they cut some of the inside of the skirts to make them fit because the fit is rubbish

He said there was a small plastic lug he cut off near the back end of the skirt on both sides.. and that was it..they are quite different though to the bluemotion skirts.. there quite abit deeper where the gti skirts sit flush with the bottom of the sills..

He said there was a small plastic lug he cut off near the back end of the skirt on both sides.. and that was it..they are quite different though to the bluemotion skirts.. there quite abit deeper where the gti skirts sit flush with the bottom of the sills..

I have not fitted them properly but they are not sitting right up to the sill just below the doors,covering the sill but inside the side the skirts theres a grove at each end that might need to be cut out to make it come higher up the sill.but cutting the sills up does not appeal to me if they just don't fit. Edited by Joe41