First fill up 1.4 TSi

andyml

Hi folks

I've just done my first mpg check and over 348 miles with a mix of long and local she has returned no less than 37 mpg! I'm very pleased indeed I may have been a tad gentle with her but not obviously so and as she loosens up In hope to get even better consumption.

I'm very much enjoying the car the only downside is the internal bike holder. One thread has stripped already (Marlborough fixed) and screw engagement is fiddly and uber fragile. I may just not bother and strap my bike in with stout bungees.

Looking forward to exploring Munsterland (sic) in June :-)

You're doing better than me fuel wise; but I have been sitting in the drive, engine running, playing with all the settings/phone/ipod etc. will have a definitive (early days) test this week when we go to the coast :-). Shame about your bike rack...

Forgot to add; any idea what the button below the rev counter (7 o'clock) does other than light up the time digits?? I have all my buttons sorted out and understood now but for that one!

Steph - I'm pretty sure I used it to change the clock timing to BST (together with the other one). I love the torquiness of the engine....very pleasant to drive :-)

I also used it to adjust clock on Sunday. Pressing it illuminated a clock digit for a few seconds during which time the button normally used for zeroing the mileage alters the clock digit.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to do anything in the UK.

I suspect, as the speedo is a VAG generic one, there is a model somewhere that uses it.

Nor here... I changed the time with the maxidiot display :-)

Doesn't change the clock on mine either. That can only be done through the Maxidot system.

Perhaps it has changed on later models?

Are you sure ? Mine is a 2010 140 SE and I used the buttons on Sunday to go to BST. Left first to select hours then right to increase hours by 1.

• Like 1

I have maxidot on my CR170 Elegance, but still used those two buttons to put the clock forward an hour because it's quicker. Press the left till the hour is highlighted, press the right once to advance an hour. Simples. :giggle:

• Like 1

I have maxidot on my CR170 Elegance, but still used those two buttons to put the clock forward an hour because it's quicker. Press the left till the hour is highlighted, press the right once to advance an hour. Simples. :giggle:

+1, on both my Yetis.

Doesn't change the clock on mine either. That can only be done through the Maxidot system.

Perhaps it has changed on later models?

I found the left one changes the hours and minutes of the clock and the right one resets the trip. Maybe it is an update on later models

I found the left one changes the hours and minutes of the clock and the right one resets the trip. Maybe it is an update on later models

Mine was first registered May 2010. Agreed the right button resets the trip - but if you press it after highlighting the hours/minutes its secondary function is to change the time.

No, only 23.... :giggle:

That reminds me ... everybody knows that February is the shortest month of the year, but what's the longest?