Rear Taxi Plate Fitting

Our Superb is normally tested but plate exempt - but I've just took on an emergency school contract so we have to put plates on. :think:

Does anybody use a Superb 2 as a taxi/ph with rear plates - how have you fitted them without disrupting the reversing sensors?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

i have a superb for taxi/PH work but i have an S spec with no rear sensors so it doesn't matter where the plate goes for me and all the other superb taxis up here are s specs, here is my plates, you will have to use permanent double sided tape or screw them on, but it will damage the paintwork so i use a square rear NO. plate and sit the 2 of them side my side, in this area you can't sit the plate on the rear window as it has to be securely fitted to the back of the car.

2013-04-02194231_zpsa3ee5e8e.jpg2013-04-02194242_zpsaa39573d.jpg

one of the other superb drivers has his plate in the same place as me but has bonded it to the car with some kind agent so it doesn't move at all 2013-02-26182714_zps3671a662.jpg

Edited by racing boy

Thanks mate - I was thinking of the same plates alongside each other, but I need to rethink the sensors.

bolt the plate on higher up the bumper or on the boot lid

What Racing Boy has shown you is how the plates are displayed on Superb II taxis down our way too. Everything from S spec. to L&K getting used for private hire in Ayr / Prestwick

Our council use Mogo plates and they have mounting brackets available from Mogo that work in conjunction with the number plate for £20. I think I used www.taxi-plate.com for my bracket. Here some pics. I'll try get some close ups later.

A512AE78-7E3A-42D6-B387-946002ADFF0E-2439-000003CFDD5BFE71_zps52ecc826.jpg

18D5EAA5-97E1-477D-BFFD-6BA7158836DD-4212-000005FAD7C27B80_zpseb0c8f40.jpg

D3EB01D1-C67A-4105-A05C-71D1D5981088-662-000000518F2E2C02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone upside down, using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

We stuck my mate's plate on with licence plate adhesive pads. One at the top and three built up in stages so it is properly attached to the bottom as he didn't like the licence plate extensions flexing and rattling and he's seen where some of his mates have scratched the bumper top, yet he also didn't want to drill into the bumper either. The taxi plate has been on for over a year and the car gets pressure washed almost every day and gets a thorough wash once or twice a month.

IMG-20130305-00122_zps8aff0c09.jpg

IMG-20130305-00121_zpsc0d9b70e.jpg

IMG-20130109-00032_zpsb85c5b3a.jpg

The adhesive comes off easy enough with either a little heat and gently pulling or using dental floss in a sawing action to cut through the foam then soak some kitchen towel in Autosmart Tardis or another good tar and glue remover and place over the sticky pads and leave to soak then from time to time gently tease a little more of the foam pad off the bumper. A little polish will do the rest and no harm no foul to the bumper.

I went to the local vinyl printers, and had him make my plates out of laminated vinyl, then just peeled the backing of and stuck them on the boot and front bumper.

We have the advantage that our council do not change the plates every year, even thogh the ones we have are solid plastic.

The front one was sized down to fit the bumper

Edited by skippy41

We stuck my mate's plate on with licence plate adhesive pads. One at the top and three built up in stages so it is properly attached to the bottom as he didn't like the licence plate extensions flexing and rattling and he's seen where some of his mates have scratched the bumper top, yet he also didn't want to drill into the bumper either. The taxi plate has been on for over a year and the car gets pressure washed almost every day and gets a thorough wash once or twice a month.

IMG-20130305-00122_zps8aff0c09.jpg

IMG-20130305-00121_zpsc0d9b70e.jpg

IMG-20130109-00032_zpsb85c5b3a.jpg

The adhesive comes off easy enough with either a little heat and gently pulling or using dental floss in a sawing action to cut through the foam then soak some kitchen towel in Autosmart Tardis or another good tar and glue remover and place over the sticky pads and leave to soak then from time to time gently tease a little more of the foam pad off the bumper. A little polish will do the rest and no harm no foul to the bumper.

that looks good, and would clear the sensors, some of the superb drivers up here have used adhesive and stuck it to the boot lid

IMG-20130403-00212_zpsc1b2f661.jpg

As the LA have told me today that the plate has to 'be permanently fixed' - this looks to be the solution - thanks everybody.

Edited by cts1975