Time to call it a day....

kenny

My two cents; the very name Briskoda derives from driving Briskly - not 'driving economically', not 'driving for £x less than the equivalent VW model', or anything else but the act of driving in a 'spirited manner' on public roads, filled with other road users.

Truth be told I think it's even a little irresponsible to call the forum that, and I for one have never posted on the subject of driving briskly (I've got an Octy vRS myself), generally only piping up on entirely non-motoring related topics, or politely (I hope!) taking the counterpoint to the Clarksonist arguments that many members are so quick to espouse on topics like cycling, or road charging, or carbon emissions and so on.

BUT I have no problem at all with posts like 'my fabia beat a McLaren F1 on the Telford bypass and he was trying'. In this particular situation I think it's comical that a salesman is let down by the car he is trying to demonstrate by driving like a plum himself. At the end of day, if you think you are likely to be remotely offended by the contents of a post titled "Fabia 1 - Cooper 0" or whatever, then it's very easy to simply not read it.

:)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't be ar$ed reading through all this drivel, in my opinion just ignore any thread about racing on the road. If people didin't respond to these sorts of threads then they would soon disapear. We all know the real capabilities of a Furby or Octy, chipped or not. If someone wants to drive like a w****er then they will beat some good stuff but thats not to say their car is quicker... get a life people. There are not mant genuinley quick Skodas about. Or any cars with the same engine. Get things into perspective FFS!

This is the exact reason I do not post on this forum very often anymore. It is going down completely the wrong direction and I have to say I am getting fed up with it. If it carries on much longer, my Briskoda stickers are coming off and going in the bin!

We have a forum for chavs... its called the Fabia forum...

Posts like this load of rubbish certainly don't help things!! :mad: This is a forum for Skoda owners. That includes the Fabia in all it's variants. I can't believe things have got to this point. It is the reason I haven't signed up to be a Freedom member and I haven't been to any meets or events recently and most likely won't be in the future.

I really do hope that things improve soon as this used to be a very good community of people who enjoyed meeting up for a chat and drive about. All that has been lost though and I don't think it will ever get back to what it used to be. I hope to be proven wrong, but until then, I will remain to be an occasional poster.

:iagree: :iagree:

This is the exact reason I do not post on this forum very often anymore. It is going down completely the wrong direction and I have to say I am getting fed up with it. If it carries on much longer' date=' my Briskoda stickers are coming off and going in the bin!

Posts like this load of rubbish certainly don't help things!! :mad: This is a forum for Skoda owners. That includes the Fabia in all it's variants. I can't believe things have got to this point. It is the reason I haven't signed up to be a Freedom member and I haven't been to any meets or events recently and most likely won't be in the future.

I really do hope that things improve soon as this used to be a very good community of people who enjoyed meeting up for a chat and drive about. All that has been lost though and I don't think it will ever get back to what it used to be. I hope to be proven wrong, but until then, I will remain to be an occasional poster.[/quote']

:iagree:

• Administrators

Yep I'm fed up of it aswell. Trying to make and achieve things for all, not just a very select group of people...slap us down.

Some interesting points raised given peoples positions and memberships.

Action speaks more than posts. No meets etc? Well no harm in arranging some is there...or do I and the staff need to do it all? I'm sure some of you are aware of how much effort and time is needed by all to arrange things. I nthe last 2 years I have had no more than a dozen reported posts and only one volunteer to be a moderator....not exactly falling over on feedback either.

The word chave is crap and I am within a fraction of a gnats gonad from adding it to the filter amogst other things...it ****es me off.

Those who feel the site has been lost, I'll look forward to re-reading your comments to me about this.

This is a very short reply, I'll consider other actions in the morning.

Suffice to say, this is a community site, it's up to the community to guide it's members, we can only go so far with implementing guidelines and rules. If you can't or won't/don't want to read or contribute, then you are as much of a problem as those who wish to express there perhaps inflated views. Either way freedom of speech applies to more than one party.

The site has a host of features to enable you to read specific forums, ignore users and more...take a moment to explore.

If any of you want to prevent people from having a free speech on any topic, then I suggest this is not the place for you to reside...I will not curtail anybodys right to free speech, unless they abuse the above, uidelines and spirit. We will act on reported posts and threads we see as out of bounds for both black and white guidelines and the spirit.

We do what we can where we can. Thanks for reading, sorry if it's upsetting to read, but the word chav and it's improper usage, na plastering on the forum is really annoying me...