New vrs convert

Hi all,

Ive been looking for a new car for a while and finally took the plunge. Bought a 5 month old fabia vrs today and cant wait to pick it up at the weekend.

Currently driving a 57 reg swift sport that ive had since new. Never had a single problem with it and ill be sad to see it go. But I need something with 5 doors and a bigger boot. The extra power helps too!

I rented a prepped Suzuki Swift Sport from Rent4Ring for 2 hours at the nurburgring.

Half roll cage, sorted suspension and brakes withg semi slicks.

What an absolute hoot of a car.

One of those cars where you get out and think, wow, how can a car with such low power be so much fun.

• Like 1

I rented a prepped Suzuki Swift Sport from Rent4Ring for 2 hours at the nurburgring.

Half roll cage, sorted suspension and brakes withg semi slicks.

What an absolute hoot of a car.

One of those cars where you get out and think, wow, how can a car with such low power be so much fun.

there were a few of them on when I was there... they corner incredibley quickly, (they all had semi-slicks on too) I'd move out of the way , then nearly run back into them on the straights! lol.....

I've done completely the opposite I've gone from a VRS to a 12 plate Swift Sport and it's an absolute hoot to drive love it got 49 mpg out of her last week which I was really impressed with wish there was more boot space.

Enjoy the fabia great car dsg is on of the best gearboxes around really loved mine just lost faith with the dealer and decided I fancied a change.

• Like 1

As it goes I'm thinking of going to a Swift Sport too :D It's quite fun keeping the speed up in it and I wouldn't call it slow either. Other cars may pull away on the straights but it's back chewing on bumpers come the corner. My brothers is fantastic.

As it goes I'm thinking of going to a Swift Sport too :D It's quite fun keeping the speed up in it and I wouldn't call it slow either. Other cars may pull away on the straights but it's back chewing on bumpers come the corner. My brothers is fantastic.

That's what I love about my Abarth, handles like a dream and always have a big grin from ear to ear when driving it. One stat you can't measure is the smiles-per-mile factor!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums!

I needed 5 doors and boot as well, guess what, vRS it is :) DSG, very good power curve stock (can get it waay better if you get a good remap) low running costs for a car with such performance plus cheap to insure and tax-just today got 43mpg on a short run of 18miles from cold along busy, hilly B-roads, small tight villages and lots of traffic lights and roundabouts. Not bad I say. Enjoy your car!

Oh, almost forgot:) Make sure you give her some right foot when she's nice and hot at least once a day, she'll love you for that :).

• Like 1

The swift really has been so much fun. Love being able to chuck it into corners without having to worry. I did look at a new one but it's just too small and only 3 door.

Not long now until I pick up th vrs though and I cant wait :D

Remapping may also come in a couple of months......