Kyle_vrs fabia

Kyle_vrs

Thought I should start a build thread. Not the most modified out there but it's getting there!

Bought in September 12 on 93k,it's a 2005 54 plate. Standard apart from a remap apparently but no paperwork for this although it does pull well all the way to the red line?

Anyway how I got it,a standard black vrs

Screenshot_2013-04-14-18-43-26-1_zps39ec0f50.png

I immediately put led sidelight and number plate bulbs in along with a hid kit. I also put chrome indicator bulbs all round in.

Had it like this for about a month and then put a back box on it

A64923BD-CFE8-4B4D-9BB1-36D57B417D4E-3082-00000543BC9F0F3D_zps54b155cc.jpg

Was going to put a oval on (you can just see it in the pic) but looked too standard. Not really any louder at all but looks good.

Also put some lowering springs on that I got told would fit-looked good but bouncy as hell!! Intact it was dangerous it used to throw you out of the seat!

image-3_zps5b919f12.jpg

Left it like that for abit as I was busy with work but did fit a pipercross induction kit I had laying about with a silicone hose so it pointed into the air box. Made it a lot more free revving but sounded awful and also made it hesitate on light throttle. Back to the oem filter. I know the vacuum pipe isn't connected in this pic too.

FA23AA72-1D3D-424E-A9C5-16C7045FBAF8-3082-00000543991B4E30_zps435026a2.jpg

Left it as it was fore a few months then I bought some jom bluelines to sort the bouncy springs. Got those fitted and it sat well and drove well.

20130213_112508_zpsc87363b3.jpg

20130303_173338_zps7d27b5cb.jpg

Sold my focus st170 that I had

IMG_20130208_170600_zps39cd4971.jpg

That had a k&n fitted,decat,magnex cat back with 3" tailpipe,dreamscience remap,30mm lowering springs,hid's and led's all round and of course the powder coated red wheels :) anyway I kept the k&n as the new owner said it was too loud and stuck it on the vrs.

20130225_103400_zps0e066b4d.jpg

20130225_103405_zpscca15f2e.jpg

The callipers were in a sorry state and the rear discs were *******sed.

20130321_135241_zpse4a6fa17.jpg

20130321_153124_zps22f95c60.jpg

So new discs and pads and rover java green paint and....

20130321_145623_zpscf6cf8f9.jpg

20130321_160239_zps330ff89d.jpg

Brakes so much better now and looks a lot better too.

20130321_165744_zpsfba16f18.jpg

Also fitted some universal 5mm spacers I had laying about front and rear. Nightmare to put on with fabias not having studs!! Not a big difference but every little helps.

20130321_165801_zps844d0b05.jpg

Left it like this for a few weeks and was happy with it but the wheels were annoying me as they were badly bubbled. Still looked nice but let it down abit.

20130404_153151_zpsc241a357.jpg

So when I fitted some new front tyres a lot of the paint flaked off so I had no choice but to spray the wheels black to try and hide the mess.

IMG_20130406_194628_zpsed43aa5e.jpg

Wasn't keen at all,the bubbling looked even worse with black paint on too! I want some different wheels anyway so shot blasting them was a no go as I'd sooner put the money to new wheels and its my work car so need it every day. It was also losing air on the nsr wheel due to the alloy so managed to swap them for some of these wheels (not the actual wheels,stole the pic of eBay)

Screenshot_2013-04-08-10-21-35_zps2e47eb59.png

Gave them a quick refurb as I put my tyres on as it had 55s on to see if I like them. Did them black as they were already black but flaking in places with a silver lip.

20130412_121218_zpsee243de2.jpg

IMG_20130412_182245_zps57f1adc2.jpg

The silver lip isn't as obvious in the pics as in real life. Wasn't sure at first but I'm really liking them now. Need a proper refurb to make them look their best which I will do soon but happy with them.

Plans are black grill, maybe a rarb if I can get one cheap, possibly new wheels if I see something I really like and find out if its 100% been remapped. If it hasn't then decat and remap it.

Would like to hear any suggestions or criticisms about it and I will keep updating it.

Edited by Kyle_vrs

Looks good, I liked it on the standard black wheels :)

+1 love the black on black look!

I also done my headlights dan with that film you told me I'll get some pictures put up looks sweet as.

+1 love the black on black look!

I also done my headlights dan with that film you told me I'll get some pictures put up looks sweet as.

Good stuff mate, get some pics up. I'm still very happy with the tint on mine :)

Did you paint your calipers while still attached? I want to do mine as they're looking rather worse for wear.

Just wondering what was your process?

I removed the carriers and sprayed them off the car as I was doing discs and pads but left the callipers attached and resting on the hub type thing. Gave it a spray left it to dry then built it all up with the new discs and pads

• 1 month later...

Done the elephant mod today whilst I was sorting other things. Cleaned egr at the same time 320DEBA3-2152-42F5-BB3D-D7F7788B9A06-99977-000013B666B4FEB5_zps6ccd30b2.jpg5AF27BBD-08F6-4F40-8369-A3D444C58686-99977-000013B64A94BA18_zpsa97cc17d.jpg

4052D601-24D1-4AB9-8463-29821C530B4F-99977-000013B66E59AB83_zpsccca3b44.jpg

All done and you can't tell now the top cover is on. Feels alot smoother to drive but could be a placebo but will definitely benefit it. Put the filter on the end to stop oil dripping hopefully.

Done some logs to see if it's remapped but still not 100% wether it is or not. Need to get to the bottom of wether it is or not then decat and remap if not.

• 2 months later...

Thought I best do a update as its had some changes. Done a full service and fitted new top strut mount bearings, had 2 new rear tyres and a MOT. Anyway got lucky at a scrapyard by me and managed to get some bargains so now has fitted:

20130724_202710_zps089cc060.jpg

Seat sport strut brace and PD160 intake and trumpet. Now back running standard filter and airbox lid to get the benefit of the PD160. Is a panel filter worth getting??

20130724_202616_zps12133aa5.jpg

20130724_202620_zpsbff75c6b.jpg

Whiteline RARB, need to put onto the stiffest setting and see how it is then. Awesome bit of kit!!

20130723_153334_zps55740112.jpg

20130723_153341_zps911d7579.jpg

20130731_182918_zpsdfebc3b0.jpg

Seat surgeon leather interior. So comfy and the leather feels gorgeous and smooth. 

20130731_182910_zpsa17f2661.jpg

Carbon wrapped vent surrounds, also fitted top stereo fascia and a cup holder as I've lost my old cupholder with the matching leather arm rest.

20130731_182858_zps8bb837cf.jpg

Carbon wrapped gear surround that goes nicely with my boost gauge holder.

Future plans are a decat which I will probably do within the next few weeks and then a remap. I really fancy a FMIC but only a budget one as its for looks more than anything so need to decide on the intercooler before I remap.

Also fancy a change of wheels but with having 4 new tyres on really want to get 16s. Would love some porsche wheels but just seem quite pricey with adaptors so doubt I will go for those. Not in a rush but keep looking, if the right set of 17s came up i would get them but will wait and see what I come across.

This is my work car so it gets anything it needs but when it comes to modding its more budget. So far it stands me at less than £500 and the spec list is now as follows from a standard car:

PD160, CCV mod, 3" twin exhaust, seat sport strut brace, JOM coilovers, whiteline RARB, Audi A3 sport alloys, Seat Surgeon leather interior with matching armrest, carbon fibre wrapped vents and gear surround, boost gauge, chrome indicator bulbs all round, led sidelights and number plate lights, HID kit.

Think I will paint the chrome grill surround black this week as it looks like I've got a few days off, would like to wrap it in carbon but never done a wrap before so think it will be easier to paint it. Also thinking of putting fly eye on the headlights and rear lights once the grill is black but not sure I like the look of it up close, on my old fiestas I split the lights and painted the inners so might do this, how dark do they look painted black inside??

Will update once grill is done.

Tell you what if we swap seats then we can swap headlights at the same time ;)

In all seriousness though the tint is easy to apply and doesn't effect the lighting at all. You get a little squeegee thing with it to press the vinyl down then just trim it a little bit bigger so that there's enough to fold around the sides of the headlight :)

Tell you what if we swap seats then we can swap headlights at the same time ;)

In all seriousness though the tint is easy to apply and doesn't effect the lighting at all. You get a little squeegee thing with it to press the vinyl down then just trim it a little bit bigger so that there's enough to fold around the sides of the headlight :)

You and those seats!!! I was actually going to not bother fitting them and just swap them for some nice spiders or porsche wheels but the mrs wanted them moving from the hall so had to fit them.

Think I will tint the front lights then, will there be enough to do the red parts of the rear lights with that kit?

that vinyl kit looks better than and is significantly cheaper than the lamin-x i've been using over the years, and you lose light with that stuff too

nice vrs man, your elephant mod pics helped me too, what have you used to bung up the inlet bit? got a link?

You and those seats!!! I was actually going to not bother fitting them and just swap them for some nice spiders or porsche wheels but the mrs wanted them moving from the hall so had to fit them.

Think I will tint the front lights then, will there be enough to do the red parts of the rear lights with that kit?

Haha if you decide to sell them ;)

Erm don't think there will be mate, there should be enough to do the white bits on the rear lights though.

that vinyl kit looks better than and is significantly cheaper than the lamin-x i've been using over the years, and you lose light with that stuff too

nice vrs man, your elephant mod pics helped me too, what have you used to bung up the inlet bit? got a link?

I think it's a cap off of something, heard people using aftershave bottle tops and all sorts. Just put anything in there that gives a snug fit.

Haha if you decide to sell them ;)

Erm don't think there will be mate, there should be enough to do the white bits on the rear lights though.

You will be the first to know if I do! Think I will get some of that tint and deffo do the fronts. I take it you do the lights out of the car and not while fitted

You will be the first to know if I do! Think I will get some of that tint and deffo do the fronts. I take it you do the lights out of the car and not while fitted

I removed mine to do them, but then again if you left them on the car then the headlight would be solid for you to work on if that makes sense. Heat gun is a good tool to use while your wrapping. Have a look on YouTube at some videos that should gives you the basic idea of it.

A2FBF2EA-F532-403D-A08F-53977FEEA3E6-642

Fitted the arm rest, sooooo comfy! Everyone should get one in their car. Not too bad to fit just had to cut out the cup holder and drill the floor to screw it down but it's solid.

My old seats! Decent match on the calliper paint did you use Hammerite stuff?

Those seats are lovely they're so comfy. I love the arm rest. How come you got rid of them?

No its rover java green in a rattle can from Halfords. It's a bit glossier than the original paint but you can't really tell now.

is that armrest an OEM one? fancy one tbh

DeadMau5 may be able to confirm but I'm sure it's a proper fabia 2 armrest. Think the golf mk4 ones are cheaper but this is actually screwed into the floor pan so won't move at all rather than self tappered into the centre console. Get one it's probably the best mod I've done!! Alot of my cars have had armrests and I missed having one when I got this so well chuffed with it