Kyle_vrs fabia

Kyle_vrs

I a was going to try that fly eye stuff and see how it looked. I was going to do the red part of the rears

That's the stuff I've got. Try Spi-Vision on eBay it's a bit cheaper. Cheap enough, easy to apply and easy to remove :)

That's the stuff I've got. Try Spi-Vision on eBay it's a bit cheaper. Cheap enough, easy to apply and easy to remove :)

Cheers I'll measure up and get some ordered. Might do my callipers black too as they're looking a mess again on the front

Cheers I'll measure up and get some ordered. Might do my callipers black too as they're looking a mess again on the front

Mine are vile aswell, don't last long do they! I want some nice discs on the front. Got the bigger rear brakes on the way with drilled and grooved discs so going to have to get them up front now.

Mine are vile aswell, don't last long do they! I want some nice discs on the front. Got the bigger rear brakes on the way with drilled and grooved discs so going to have to get them up front now.

No they need doing every few month really that's why I'm thinking just painting them black. I want to go bigger brakes but I did new discs and pads all round not long ago :( you're spending some money on yours Dan!

No they need doing every few month really that's why I'm thinking just painting them black. I want to go bigger brakes but I did new discs and pads all round not long ago :( you're spending some money on yours Dan!

Bigger brakes on the front are really worth it! Not sure about the rear, my discs are a bit **** so thought may aswell upgrade.

It's not too bad mate, the second 2 maps haven't cost me anything! :)

Thought I'd have a look at the pollen filter today as the condensation problem is doing my nut in. I was greeted by no end of leafs and twigs and this

IMG_20140116_141815_zpsxhvdqmol.jpg

Went upto the parts place to get a new one, went for a standard one as the ac doesn't work anyway (it's on my to do list)

20140116_152141_zpsvmy6voqy.jpg

Not holding my breath but it might help and for the £8 it was least it's done. While I was there I had a look at a s2000 filter, I was going to get the beige and green one from euro car parts and spray it black but the one they had was this

IMG_20140116_152600_zpspfgp8ucf.jpg

Saves me a job of spraying it and it was only about £22 he knocked me quite abit off as I used to work with most of them. Will fit it tomorrow and get the pd160 on the bay. This filter is absolutely huge the pics you see of them do not do them justice!!! I've had loads of k&n and pipercross cone filters on my past cars and they've been about half the size of this!!! I just hope it's not too loud as I've not got any boxes in the exhaust but as soon as mr snap on drops my brother in law his welder off I will get a back box put in it.

• Like 1

Love the look of that, now I want one :(

Get one bought!! I've always had proper induction kits and paid £70+ but this looks awesome and I can't believe how big it is. I will just get some cold air feed and route it like the normal intake upto the filter then it should be job done

Fitted the S2000 filter today so its bye bye stock airbox

20140117_132933_zpsdq0offby.jpg

And hello HUGE cone filter  :hi:

20140117_135951_zpsdkrv6eav.jpg

IMG_20140117_140054_zps39rggttw.jpg

Not had a proper drive yet but its not much louder on normal driving but sounds good on full boost and it seems to rev quicker and more freely especially up the top of the rev range.

Also took the door card off and got the part number for the window motor so I can now get one of those. After all that the boot then wouldn't open!! You can hear it trying but doesn't pop open. Took the plastic trim off and tried it a few times and worked fine so put the trim on and it stopped again  :wall:  :wall:  :wall: will investigate another day and hopefully sort it easily.

In my defence I didn't paint it green I got it like that but yeah it is vile!!! I'm thinking that and the callipers need to go red and maybe get a red intake pipe to replace the horrible standard one or will that be too much?

You need one Dan it will look well smart on yours being red

I've got a 45* silicone going from my cone, doesn't look to bad but would like a chrome one in the future.

Do you get any chatter Kyle?

Only done a mile in it so not yet but what revs and boost do you get it most at? Do I need to ease off or actually change gear?

Only done a mile in it so not yet but what revs and boost do you get it most at? Do I need to ease off or actually change gear?

I find mine does it really loud, just as it spools up then lift off quickly and it's really loud. Either lift off or clutch down to change gear :)

I find mine does it really loud, just as it spools up then lift off quickly and it's really loud. Either lift off or clutch down to change gear :)

When it's spooling or when it's on full boost? I had a couple of goes but it didn't do it but I will have a play tomorrow. Have you taken your under bonnet sound proofing off or is it still on?

When it's spooling or when it's on full boost? I had a couple of goes but it didn't do it but I will have a play tomorrow. Have you taken your under bonnet sound proofing off or is it still on?

Say like spooling hard but changing gear about 2,000 - 2,500 rpm.

Yeh I removed mine, don't like that stuff at all!

Say like spooling hard but changing gear about 2,000 - 2,500 rpm.

Yeh I removed mine, don't like that stuff at all!

I will test it out tomorrow then :) I might take mine off I'm sure I read it quietens it down quite abit