Kyle_vrs fabia

Kyle_vrs

was it an utter nightmare to bolt into the floor?

just found the fabia 2 one online, does look good

No not really. Take the centre console bit out and cut the ashtray out. The arm rest splits in 2 so get it all lined up and Mark the 4 bolt holes then drill the holes and use the self tappered screws to secure it then rebuild the centre console, bolt the arm rest back together and then put the casing around it and done.1EACE739-7BED-4A57-81D0-5E5227353C02-644

That's how it looks from the back with the casing on, makes a neat install

Edited by Kyle_vrs
  • Like 1

Looks great, the leather looks superb :)

You can't go wrong with seat surgeon seats, not as nice as your interior though I love yours

Edited by Kyle_vrs
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bit of a update, had the timing belt and water pump done last weekend. The water pump had been leaking so glad I got one to go on. Also did a decat, sounds awesome but it's lost me about 3mpg on a run.

Anyway I was about to buy some TT mini comps that I love when I got offered some vrs wheels with tyres for silly money so bought them as my new tyres will go on the vrs wheels and I can sell the Audi wheels with tyres so they should go quicker. Bought them like this (tyres already stripped off)

5CDF7435-AC23-4F71-B7E0-6FC224E24306-360

Started to spray anthracite

20130925_191131_zps27c00989.jpg

And all done and lacquered

20130925_191131_zps27c00989.jpg

Took it down the garage to put my tyres on them. Did want to go over my callipers in black as they are tatty again but didn't have the time so will do that later but here's how it now looks

IMG_20130928_150743_zps39af6169.jpg

20130928_142222_zps121bb536.jpg

Wish I'd cleaned it before hand!! Going to do the chrome grill next,not sure wether to plastidip it as it's the cheaper option or go colour coded in which case I'd need the primer and paint. Think it would look better colour coded though.

Also bought a new head unit with USB so will post a pic when I fit that next week

Much better.

Headlights look a bit foggy? Or is it the photo?

They are abit cloudy but the plan is I'm going to do the grill hopefully this week and then I'm going to tint the headlights after I've given them a rub down to clear them up abit. Also going to tint the red part of the rear lights if I have enough wrap left

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels look good in that colour bud.. :thumbup: What you using to tint the lights..?

Cheers I think I'm going to use fly eye on them, still need to do my grill black and also am having a 3" single tail pipe put on it when I get chance

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a stage 1 map from fabooka on here. Went for a high torque map with launch control, left foot braking and egr delete and it is awesome. Should of done it months ago. Also got another map I can switch to which is a low torque map with the extras on. Big thanks to him

• Like 2

Left foot braking in the map? Cant you just push it with your left foot? :p

Everytime i look at that exhaust tip it grows on me a little more

Luke

To be honest I will never use the left foot braking as I can't do it but it's there should I ever want to. I love the exhaust, not a fan of the whistle on idle but on boost on this map it growls!

To be honest I will never use the left foot braking as I can't do it but it's there should I ever want to. I love the exhaust, not a fan of the whistle on idle but on boost on this map it growls!

I love the noise on boost can you hear it really loud through the down pipe?

Whistle on idle is why I got rid of mine. Maybe it will be different with a hybrid?

I love the noise on boost can you hear it really loud through the down pipe?

Whistle on idle is why I got rid of mine. Maybe it will be different with a hybrid?

You can't hear it inside so doesn't bother me too much but does sound like a jet engine when you stand behind it lol. Can't believe how much the remap has made it louder, it's like a petrol now

Just been to Notts with the wife and kids for some dinner and the wife commented on how smooth the car was now when driving normally. She also couldn't believe how it pulls with the remap so I'm taking that as her approval on it! Wasn't a fan of me using the launch control at a set of traffic lights though lol