Fabia Scout

Is it just me or are they very rare?

Three on ebay and only ever seen one on the road.

Yet I have to say I quite like them in the right colour.

Quite a practical car with a bit of quirky styling.

Anyone on here got one?

Any pictures?

Nope, really liking it.

So smooth and quiet and by charging only a bit at home I'm down to about £5 per 400 miles each week.

But that's Off Topic...

Just wanted to see how many Fabia Scouts there were about as I've taken a liking to them for some reason recently... :happy:

I have these phases.

I must say I quite like them, in the right colour though. And they must have led running lights and the 17'' wheels.

Looked at one instead of the rapid but no decent engine offered.

If I'm right we only get the estate in the UK -other countries get a hatch version as well. I borrowed a Rosso Brunello one from my dealership once, it had all the extras and the big wheels with the 1.6 diesel 105bhp, I really liked it and thought it did look pretty smart as it's a little bit different.

Yes, we only get the estate, a manual and the baby 1.2tsi and three diesels of the 1.6 variety.

Choice is a little bit limited but then I guess it's not a big seller.

Yes indeed, I have a white one, it's a CR "90" with a couple of tweaks and is now popping out around "140" and done 24,000 miles on it. I like it, quite practical, mine is on the optional 17's as well. It's a great little workhorse, good economy, cheap to run and I have only seen 2 others on the road.

Not 4WD, sit's a little higher than a standard Fabia, but does not look it because of the chunky side mouldings. I really like the look of mine in White with the mouldings and the 17's and with the map it's a respectable performer. I think it would look great lowered, but for the first time in the last 5 cars I am holding off it as a lot of the roads I have to drive to get to customer sites as a contractor are dire, and that extra bit of ride height and compliance has been useful at times.

• Like 1

Ok, so Scout is Fabia Estate on stilts and wearing black skirts :o.

I can see the point of needing suspension for the job at hand though!

And what's wrong with Stiletto's and a short black skirt :)

No Mk2 Fabia is EVER going to be pretty, they are all to tall and a bit awkward from some angles, estate is the most aesthetically pleasing though :)

• Like 2

I was dropping from a TSI Superb 2 so needed the extra boot space for lugging kit around, but without being insulting, I pretty much think all mk2 Fabia's have fallen out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down. That however does not stop me owning one, as for the price I paid, it was a very good deal, and I have put 24k on it since buying in late September.

All said and done though, it's just a car, it's part of my "toolkit", my Bikes are for fun :)

• Like 1

Each to their own :) Nothing wrong with a personal opinion and "De gustibus non est disputandum" as the maxim goes.

In my case my all black hatch is a grower. I did not like it much at the begining but the longer I own it the more it grows on me. I can surely name plenty of better looking cars and even more much uglier ones as well.

Scout reminds me of an old Audi Allroad and Evoque a little bit...

• Like 1

There's one round these parts in silver with the 17in wheels. Looks great.

We've seen a few around parts of Cornwall :) Also had the privilege of test driving a 85 tsi, and being mighty impressed. Yes it rolled a bit around the bends, but we was under the impression is had ESP but it stuck to the road like glue!