Please recommend a good 5" rear speaker

As title suggests, I want replacement speakers for my In Phase XT52 200w rear ones as they are starting to crackle a bit.

not interested in amps and stuff just some good sounding speakers to supply a bit of bass to compliment the fronts.

I have tweeters in back removed and the fronts are pioneer components(not bad) all running off a std MDF head unit.

The XT52 rears I have, have no tweeters and the front is driving the higher notes. Not sure if that is best mix, but just want to keep it simples...

cheers

Can't recommend speakers for you but I got over the same problem by putting 6.5" in the parcel shelf. Worked really well for me and easy enough to wire into the existing speaker connections. You may be able to squeeze 6x 9's in the shelf as well but I remember e 6.5's wee tight t fit in the moulding of the shelf.

You want midbass speakers.

the way the speakers are wired up is they use a crossover to seperate the mids and highs so you could buy some components and just fit the mids. Issue here is you wont get the best from them as the speakers are designed to work with their own crossover.

What is your budget?

Seeing as you used inphase before SQ isnt that high on your list, either that or Car audio centre bs'd you into buying them

My opinion is not to place them on the shelf. This will ruin the sound stage and drag the sound back, not what your ears are designed for.

The oem position of the rear speakers is very good imo as they bland really well with the front speakers

Edited by ryan-re

Id stay clear of the back shelf as well as you will be changing the staging by putting the sealers in the wrong axis...... It will give the effect of going to a concert and standing with your back to the band.

How about something like Focal? All of they're ranges sound amazing but they're not the cheapest speakers about.

Just noticed something else from your original post. 200w speakers, take it that's a max handling not an RMS handling?

If you just want some speakers to run off a head unit you should look for something with a low RMS rating as your h.u. only puts out about 25w so you will never drive a high power speaker properly and all you will end up with is a lot of harsh treble and poor bass response.

How about some Alpine Type S, they are a bit 'electronic' sounding but good value for money and have a very low RMS so you will drive them properly.

I run these in phase XTC520 121020889248? with 6 inch up front same in phase pioneer head unit really clear sound not thumping base but should open up when had some use.also one word if you buy them fit a spacer as will not fit in original speaker position because of the tweeter, I used a large nut as tweeter is moveable.