Yeti Police

Big_Soft_Fluffy_Monster

Greetings Fellow Yeti lovers!

I'm just back from a jaunt to the East of Hungary in Debrecen, and I stumbled across this. Having paid a visit to my Motherland I had just spent a few days relaxing in the spa city and I was catching a train home when I saw this opposite the railway station in a police compound.

Although no longer a commie nation, you still need to exercise caution around the police and military so I therefore broke 2 rules. I crossed the railway line tracks to get to the police compound. Oops! (My defence is I work on the UK railways and I know how to cross a railway line safely). I then sauntered into the compound like a lost tourist (even though I 'beszelek magyarul' speak Hungarian) and quickly whipped out my camera and snapped a quick pic for all you Yeti loving brethren here at home in the UK.

Happy St George's day everyone!

post-100679-0-73630600-1366739057_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Cambridgeshire police have just bought a whole load (entire dealer compound was full!) of these- they were being prepped at the dealer when I went in last monday. much better than the silly 10's the running around in at the moment!

Edited by Gumby

Nice :) IIRC HM Coastguard has placed an order for Yeti's. Not sure about any police here though.

Yep, I saw them a few weeks ago, I guess (at least) some of them are in service by now:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/268372-yet-another-emergency-service-buys-yetis/page__hl__+coastguard#entry3171914

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Old thread but while down Cambridgeshire way over the last couple of days I spotted my first Yeti in UK Police markings...

Yes there's one based in or around Ely - often see it around, CR140 I think. It's been around at least 6 months, if not more, apparently on extended trial. Fairly suitable for the semi- and very rural area around here.

Whenever I see a police Yeti, I'm curious as to why the silhouette seems to look a bit different...apart from the obvious Battenburg police markings I mean. I think it's maybe because the added police wrapping is taken right up the C and D pillars (at least on the one I often see) and so breaks up the familiar/normal van-like Yeti silhouette.