Fuel Consumption 1.6CR TDi

Took the car in for its 30000 mile lubrication change last week. On the invoice there was a "software update" listed.

Since then, the fuel consumption has dramactically improved. I am finding it easy now to achieve 60mpg on my 14 mile drive to work with no change in driving style.

Now is this a coincedence with the improvement in weather temperatures? Or a result of the "Software update"??

I also have a tank fuel of Esso rather than Shell.

I've noticed an improvement on my commute too since the warmer weather arrived. :happy:

I certainly won't mind if it gets a remap when it gets serviced later this year and I get even more mpg out if though! :thumbup:

I'm not sure, but mine is due its first service soon, so I hope the software update doesn't mess up my remap :(

Im guessing it would overwrite it Bryan (Ben may be able to confirm) but it depends on where it writes to I guess. I always give the instruction 'no ECU updates to be performed' when it goes in. From experience its always then sparked a positive conversation about modding/remapping! :)

Im guessing it would overwrite it Bryan (Ben may be able to confirm) but it depends on where it writes to I guess. I always give the instruction 'no ECU updates to be performed' when it goes in. From experience its always then sparked a positive conversation about modding/remapping! :)

Having said that, I know it won't be an issue having Ben put it back on, just the inconvenience to my time and his

• Like 1

Having said that, I know it won't be an issue having Ben put it back on, just the inconvenience to my time and his

I think he will have to re-write the map as its different software version.