Official armrest available!

cecolon

I really love the one I have in my Fabia, but I know some people don't like it. It makes me relax a lot more when I am driving.

My advice would be to try a car with the armrest installed to see if you like it. It doesn't has to be a Citigo. I believe another model would give you a good feeling too.

I have gone for the Milotec version as it means you don't lose the rear centre cup holder. The armrest has 2 metal legs (that bolt under the seat's rearmost floor fixings) to hold it up. As such it 'straddles' the cup holder meaning you can still use it. I might have picked this up wrong, but from what I can see on the official one, it looks like you have to screw it to the plastic of the central console between the seats - raising 2 points: How strong is it if it's plastic on plastic, and won't it leave unsightly screw holes if you ever remove it...

Either way, I love having a centre armrest, so which ever one you chose, they're great!

• Like 1

Agree with Truthseeker, the Armster 2 is certainly as good as the Seat version and half the price. Take Professor's point about the mounting points and leaving screw holes.

I have the Armster fitted to my Citigo and the only complaint is that it will not go fully vertical and can get in the way. Have looked at modifying it but I cannot see how this could be done without damage. Happy to accept it as it is and there is the bonus of the removable pouch.

Mike.

• Like 1

I still have the rear centre cup holder in the Fabia, and the armrest feels very strong and sturdy. It can go fully vertical and locks into position.

I have gone for the Milotec version as it means you don't lose the rear centre cup holder. The armrest has 2 metal legs (that bolt under the seat's rearmost floor fixings) to hold it up. As such it 'straddles' the cup holder meaning you can still use it. I might have picked this up wrong, but from what I can see on the official one, it looks like you have to screw it to the plastic of the central console between the seats - raising 2 points: How strong is it if it's plastic on plastic, and won't it leave unsightly screw holes if you ever remove it...

Either way, I love having a centre armrest, so which ever one you chose, they're great!

With the OEM version you do lose the rear cup holder. It bolts into the chassis, so it is plenty sturdy enough. You do however need to cut a small piece from the existing surround. This is fully covered by the rest, but if you were to remove it, it would be visible and quite unsightly.

But since I don't intend to ever remove the rest it didin't bother me

The Armster 2 armrest is better and cheaper. Have just fitted one in my VW up ASG and it looks OEM - £99 inc shipping. Not a universal fit but tailored to each car model. Takes 5 minutes to fit.

http://www.armster.co.uk/

Agreed I've fitted one to mine. It makes such a difference.

John

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...