Anyone think delivery times will shorten as we move towards Summer and the facelift?

pipmurray

I've been looking for a used Yeti for some months now without success.

A 1.2 DSG SE or Elegance in a half decent colour with sunroof seems impossible to find.

I hate the thought of ordering a new one and then having to wait months for delivery whilst I

worry if I've ordered the right spec. Much prefer to buy on the spot if I can see and touch

the car.

Anyone think that delvery times will decrease now we are nearing Summer and a facelift is

on the cards?

A 1.2 DSG SE or Elegance in a half decent colour with sunroof seems impossible to find.

I hate the thought of ordering a new one and then having to wait months for delivery whilst I

worry if I've ordered the right spec. Much prefer to buy on the spot if I can see and touch

the car.

Anyone think that delvery times will decrease now we are nearing Summer and a facelift is

on the cards?

Isn't the appearance of decentish 15% discounts an indication that supply is starting to outstrip demand, perhaps?

Assuming that it's the 1.2 DSG with velux that are important, there aren't any half-undecent colours, are there?

I hate the thought of ordering a new one and then having to wait months for delivery whilst I worry if I've ordered the right spec. Much prefer to buy on the spot if I can see and touch the car.

Suggest you do your research, make your decisions and forget about alternatives. Remember that some changes may be possible until near Build week.

Anyone think that delvery times will decrease now we are nearing Summer and a facelift is on the cards?

Anyone's guess, but beware options being withdrawn without notice. Compared with 1-2-3 years ago, Yetis are being delivered tomorrow nowadays!

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately, colour is always a problem. I like most of the colours, except the Rosso one,

but my wife only likes black or white! I have shown her pics of many of the available

colours but the answer is always 'no'.

Life is too short to argue with her about car colours! White it will probably be. I managed a

red BMW once but most have been black.

Are 15% discounts common across the range or only for unpopular versions as long as

you take their finance deal? Some brokers offer good discounts but I'm very wary of

dealing with brokers.

Anyone got a good discount from a dealer with cash and no PX?

Delivery times look to have already come down judging from the posts here... IMHO as Yetis are mostly private buys and have satisfied owners there will continue to be a restricted 2nd hand supply in the UK. For negotiating I thought the broker price was a usual baseline for local dealers to match + whatever commission you felt reasonable eg £200-500...

Dont think you'll get any discount for cash and no p/ex since finance and the profit of the p/ex is where the dealer makes the money and these days not the sale of the new car on its own. Your much more likely to get a discount with a p/ex and taking their finance agreement.

Shame you want a DSG and don't like red as my 1.2 TSi SE with panoramic sun roof, proper spare wheel,~27k and v good nick is going into my dealer in the next week or so when my new one comes through (it is currently waiting for a berth on the boat)

Edited by frozboz

The whole thing about getting DSG is that I believe it will make for a much smoother progress than

me changing gear.

I'm fed up with my wife endlessly complaining about my jerky changes with the R32.

Telling her it's the nature of the car cuts no ice as she's convinced it me! She'll be pushing for the

PX deal I can tell.

True. However, I'm a bit of an impulse buyer. If I see something I like I will

probably buy it then and there.

The idea of ordering a car from a bunch of specs in a brochure and then

waiting however long for delivery does not appeal. Very boring!