EGR Delete - Heads Up

Removed everything except the cooler and have the elephant hose mod and de-cat. The car sailed through mot including emissions, Ive been a mechanic 23 years so that helps and my vrs runs like a dream.

It doesn't 'have' to be at all.

Don't you think it's just half a job? Especially for the sake of changing one coolant hose?

Like fitting a bigger intercooler and leaving the other one there because you didn't feel like removing it at the time.

• Like 1

Fair point, I get what you mean. At the time I was thinking I would be putting the car back to standard at some point so I left it in place, another job on the to do list.

No worries Phil, there's loads of EGR delete threads on here. I think it's a worthwhile mod and to agree with the OP the blanking plate should be fitted at the manifold rather than the pipe.

• Like 1

No worries Phil, there's loads of EGR delete threads on here. I think it's a worthwhile mod and to agree with the OP the blanking plate should be fitted at the manifold rather than the pipe.

Kenny be careful as under the new VOSA rules a car if fitted with a cat must have one either petrol or diesel as its a visable check now.

Also any downpipe that has been rewelded to remove DPF etc is a faliure.

Theres even pics on VOSA site to help MOT stations spot this.

Agreed my 130pd ibiza with full milltek inc downpipe went through at 0.37 less than the cat equipped 130pd passat they tested next.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/CONT071791.pdf

• 4 months later...

Kenny be careful as under the new VOSA rules a car if fitted with a cat must have one either petrol or diesel as its a visable check now.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/repository/CONT071791.pdf

This only applies to cars that have a full emissions test,not diesels as they are only smoke tested.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_740.htm

So does that mean you can remove the cat and still pass an mot? That's new to me...

On a derv yeah, never has been tested or checked for on a mot as only get smoke tested.

On a petrol eng your thinking of, which has a full emissions test :)