wheezing suspension

Octman

After having had my creaking suspension fixed (sort of) by replacement of a drop link, I now need to get the wheezing noise sorted. Only happens on the driver's side, when the suspension is compressed quickly there is the sound of compressed air being released. I have heard this noise before on motorcycle front forks. Is it serious, does it need attention, or is it the way they are? Seems to be both front and rear, but driver side only. It's a 2.0 110 2WD SE TDI.

Thanks

Chris

I think you may be hearing the noise of the oil inside the shock absorber moving between chambers as as the suspension moves (cavitation if I recall). This is normal. I hear it when I have the windows down but do not notice it otherwise. Also had it on my last Seat.

If in doubt though go to the dealer and get them to check.

• Like 1

I fart for Britain , never blame the car , just the dog

Be assured in our household, you'd know when dog did one!!! The whole room is cleared :-) We have now emergency air freshener, for such tragedies :-)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Be assured in our household, you'd know when dog did one!!! The whole room is cleared :-) We have now emergency air freshener, for such tragedies :-)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

My cat has a knack of deploying the odd SBD (silent but deadly) with the effect of the creeping death. Odd how the moggie appears to smile smugly once deployment is complete.

Sorry for being off topic

• Like 2

I fart for Britain , never blame the car , just the dog

I used to be a teacher. Fart and walk away - the kids will blame each other!

• Like 2

A teaching colleague of mine, a chemist, used to blame the experiment. He got a bit concerned when a kid wrote up his account of the experiment for homework stating that "a foul smell was given off", and wondered how many kids wrote something similar for their GCSEs, and whether they failed.

• Like 1

I sometimes fart when I sit down too. I put it down to old age.

Surely that's normal?

Afterall it's just the seat cushion compressing. ;)

Producing noxious gas when rising is far more common in our house.

Usually the MIL, with no recognition of the event, despite the rasping. :giggle:

• Like 1

Surely that's normal?

Afterall it's just the seat cushion compressing. ;)

Producing noxious gas when rising is far more common in our house.

Usually the MIL, with no recognition of the event, despite the rasping. :giggle:

What gauge rasp do you use on the MIL? :giggle:

Fred

• Like 2

What gauge rasp do you use on the MIL? :giggle:

Fred

Normally a 1/2" round jobbie but a cheese grater if that is insufficient :giggle:

• Like 1

My cat has a knack of deploying the odd SBD (silent but deadly) with the effect of the creeping death. Odd how the moggie appears to smile smugly once deployment is complete.

Sorry for being off topic

Since this appears to have become the topic...

A friend of mine had a lab which used to fart in its sleep in front of the TV. It was by no means silent (a high-pitched "wheeeeeep") but it was only when the choking horror spread to the hound's nostrils that it would wake up, stare accusingly at the other family members (who by that stage would be slowly turning green as the poisonous fumes took effect), and - pausing only to bestow a final, witheringly disparaging backward glance in their direction - exit the room.

Funny what people will put up with from their pets.

"You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, and the pig got up and slowly walked away" ??? :rofl: