bonnet release

Got my new car today and I have one initial criticism- having looked and looked again for the bonnet release, as it is not where it is shown in the manual, I now discover that this is the ONLY car I have ever owned where the BONNET RELEASE IS ON THE NEARSIDE??????????

Got my new car today and I have one initial criticism- having looked and looked again for the bonnet release, as it is not where it is shown in the manual, I now discover that this is the ONLY car I have ever owned where the BONNET RELEASE IS ON THE NEARSIDE??????????

Strange as all of my cars have had it on the near side inc my current two. Does it make a difference then?

Great fun if you have a drunken passenger and they decide to pull it for a laugh while you're on the motorway.

BTW, can you see anything on how the active bonnet resets?

Not sure if mine has that I think it's the MY14 which are built from August

Strange as all of my cars have had it on the near side inc my current two. Does it make a difference then?

No just couldn't work out where it was. I was yanking at the steering wheel adjusting lever at first

• Like 1

my yeti has it on the passenger side also. is it not just because they cant be arrsed to configure it for rhd?

Probably is the case. Shame they haven't configured the centre console in the mkIII for RHD - I like having my hand brake in the right place in my mkII.

Sarge.

Probably is the case. Shame they haven't configured the centre console in the mkIII for RHD - I like having my hand brake in the right place in my mkII.

Sarge.

The wifes audi TT has the handbrake on the wrong side also.

Despite the UK being the biggest market for the TT.

Least it's not like the Peugeot partner, it's on the passenger floor under a cover, not good when works policy is that the oil, coolant and screen wash must be checked every time it's signed out and as I've just been given the job of evaluating all the drivers that have been using it for the last 2 years and only 2 out of 10 drivers know how to open the bonnet. They've been signing that they've checked it too! :huh:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The wifes audi TT has the handbrake on the wrong side also.

Despite the UK being the biggest market for the TT.

I think youll find that's the US :)

but the do that to keep costs down, and also easier to assemble and doesn't slow things down on the production line.

my wifes fiat is the same with the release on the near side

I think youll find that's the US :)

but the do that to keep costs down, and also easier to assemble and doesn't slow things down on the production line.

my wifes fiat is the same with the release on the near side

I think you'll find it isn't

http://www.audi.co.uk/about-audi/latest-news/audi-poll-shows-two-thirds-uk-convertibles-stay-closed.html

The TT also comes in a hard top...........

Yes I know that. But there was a long thread on the Audi TT forum whinging about the handbrake, and someone confirmed that the UK was the biggest market for the Audi TT , both for the roadster and both variants combined. Logic would suggest the US I know but......

It's the same with Porsche (although the bonnet and rear engine cover are in the driver's door sill ) but the handbrake is set up for LHD, the minor switchgear has the driver orientated ones on the left side of the centre console, and the PDK ( Porsche's version of the double clutch gearbox - well Porsche invented it) where you have to knock the lever away from the driver in RHD to use the stick manually to change gears although fortunately you also get paddles on the steering wheel.

One item of switchgear that everyone takes for granted these days is the indicator lever on the left side of the steering column designed to leave your right hand free to change gear at junctions in LHD and of course nearly all cars these days except Japanese ones - who drive on the same side of the road as us - the fuel filler is on the offside.