Pic taken at Bruntingthorpe today

Was thinking more on the legal side. Think there was a post last week saying something about any picture on the day is property of easytrack.

I'd like to see them try and enforce that...

Rog it was a Red Octavia vRS that was behind you, was a close call :eek:

Glad all was alright though :thumbup:

Was thinking more on the legal side. Think there was a post last week saying something about any picture on the day is property of easytrack.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooooops have just deleted all my piccies from the CF card.......................................Not Really...LOL

James....That bag really suits you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please say someone's got some pics of my incident?!?!

Also' date=' who was the unfortunate Briskodian that was behind me? Completely forgot to ask when we chatted after![/quote']

:orb_wave:

I would have had ya on the next corner :D , very nearly had you anyway :rofl:

Dont worry i did the same thing earlier ;) , from what i saw the back let go, imo you ripped up the tyre correcting the spin. How's the windscreen ?

Steve

:orb_wave:

I would have had ya on the next corner :D ' date=' very nearly had you anyway :rofl:

Dont worry i did the same thing earlier ;) , from what i saw the back let go, imo you ripped up the tyre correcting the spin. How's the windscreen ?

Steve[/quote']

I was surprised at how well your car was keeping up!! What's been done to it?

I mean, my car has a Jabba-claimed 288bhp... but felt slower than stock in the heat of the day!!

Anyway, was sooooo glad we didn't end up having a shunt!!

As for the windscreen... had a new one fitted at a local pub!! Trouble was, took hours to get someone at home to find my insurance docs and fax them off... left Brunty area at about midnight in the end!!

Rog, glad you finally sorted it! Got some new brake fluid in yet aswell? :rofl:

It nearly brought me to tears seeing those lovingly prepared wheels having the paint literally boiled off them!!!

I'm guessing some strut braces are on the agenda for next time?

As I said on Saturday... serious respect to yer mate! Spinning at 100+, shredding a tyre, stress fractures in windscreen. Nice. :thumbup:

Already got upper and lower strut braces on her!!

Brake fluid will be done shortly - brakes are working again, although a bit noisily again now!!

I was surprised at how well your car was keeping up!! What's been done to it?

I mean' date=' my car has a Jabba-claimed 288bhp... but felt slower than stock in the heat of the day!!

!![/quote']

Not much so far, Revo 4 bar & 007 DV, had KW3's fitted a week before and talk about transform the handling :thumbup: . Had it on Power engineerings rollers a while back , 219bhp.

How did you find the slicks? My biggest problem was after 4 laps the tyres were no good.

Steve

Couldn't take that corner any faster, but there was more grip to be had on the chicanes!! Also, the tyres didn't go off like road tyres do - lap after lap after lap, nothing but grip... and a lot of noise of things hitting the arch liners!! :eek:

If you've a set of wheels you can have just for track, and can get slicks at the price I did ;) I'd say to go for it!! Just need to try and figure out what pressure they should be running at... ran them 30psi all around hot, but have no idea if that was right!!

Hardest thing to get used to was the lack of tyre squeal! They just seemed to rumble as they lost the grip! Nice and controllable tho... have no idea whether they're a hard, soft, medium etc compound! Maybe I'll e-mail BF Goodrich and ask them...

Seeing as your car has 217bhp, and mine probably 265bhp on non-Jabba rollers, shouldn't I have been making more of a gap between us down the straight?

Don't think the induction kit on mine was helping matters tho - open cone with Jabba heat shield (for Ibiza!), cold air duct from near lhs intercooler, but of course nothing sealed so probably not drawing from the duct, but more-so from the engine bay...

• 6 months later...