VR-weeeeee

Well was looking to a good day fishing today but got a mile & half down the road and red coolant light came on , turned round and coasted it home as I thought it was the red warning light for the oil (first thing in the morning) . Pulled up at home noticed it was my water not oil . Looks like my water pump has failed . Looking back should of left it at the side of the road and towed it home but again brain wasn't in gear .

One of our cars common problems, mine packed up after a months ownership, replaced with OEM latest revision along with the timing belt, had no problems with it since, ran it for 5 years and 33k before changing again last May

I replaced the water pump and put a cambelt kit on mine Oct 2009 . Only done 27k since . Got all the parts from skoda also . Going to get it towed to a garage tomorrow and get them to look at it . Going to change cambelt also

Would worry me about the oil light 1st thing in the morning as well. If you haven't cooked the engine, pump and belt should fix it - Have a look at the forums here about oil pickup starvation.

eh, why look at oil pick up , OP stated rad light buddy lol...

It wasn't the oil light , was the coolant light just thought it was . With amount of water on the floor think ill be ok fingers cross .

Must be time of the year I just fixed a leak in mine after mine overflow was empty.

this thread if it helps anyone

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/274908-some-maintenance-this-weekend-replaced-cts-housing/

Header tank ? as expansion tank if so it was empty when I opened the bonnet when I saw the water on the floor . Just picked her up from the garage and all repaired , new water pump which was the problem , new cambelt and had new back brakes put on her . Very lucky ! . Happy now shes back

• Like 1