vRS picked up today - great car - NOT a great dealer experience.

Well, a little over 3 months has passed since this saga began, and now I think it is finally at an end.

This week I received a cheque from City Skoda with the relatively small amount of compensation (to pay for part of the detail work). 

The cheque arrived in an envelope along with a blank compliments slip. It would have been nice for there to have been a little note from the dealer just to finish things off and try to make some amends to the frankly ridiculous amount of time it has taken to sort this whole mess out.

Just another indication that City Skoda have no interest in customer service as far as I am concerned.

I will not be going back, I have sent 3 people now to other dealers to order their cars and will continue to provide my opinion on the dealership to anyone who cares to ask (or not ask - I'll be telling everyone!).

So, it's over. Not exactly to my satisfaction. It stopped being about the money or recompense a long time ago - I was just hoping for some actual customer service from the dealer.

A little gesture of kindness would have gone a long way.

So, now I can start leaving my reviews around the internet!

On the positive side, I have an amazing car that I am more than happy with and now looks stunning. Tomorrow it will turn 4k miles and every one has been trouble-free. Great car as I said from day one, shame about the dealer.

Edited by zouche

You still need to get it lowered though :bandit:

Plans are afoot....! Looking at that group buy for H&R springs....  :p  Just need to find someone who will fit them for a good price ;)

I feel the same about Wood BMW of Bournemouth. I will tell everyone (whether or not they ask) of their dreadful service. Just like now :-)

Same here, everyone who speaks to me knows about it - going to start leaving internet reviews too...

Plans are afoot....! Looking at that group buy for H&R springs....  :p  Just need to find someone who will fit them for a good price :).

Ask Lee. Not sure who it was but someone helped him fit his the other week.

• Like 1

Plans are afoot....! Looking at that group buy for H&R springs....  :p  Just need to find someone who will fit them for a good price ;)

Well get your name down on the group buy sir, they are bargainous and the saving should cover most of the fitting : )

Also, glad to see you coming out the other side of this whole messy affair, get enjoying that car, nothing like a little "personalisation" to make the most of the little rocket.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Amazing work done by Baker21 to transform my pride and joy into the shiniest car I think I have ever seen!

No worries about the delay, I know you have been super busy.

I'm glad to end this story on a high - after all the hassle and annoyance of the dealer experience, I now have a car that thanks to Baker21 looks amazing and goes like the clappers!

In the end I'm very pleased with my purchase. Nearly 6k miles on it now and looking superb, driving well and bringing a smile to the face after every spirited drive!

• Like 2