Insuring my L&K

hmibennett

I bet she won't admit being related to you Bob. :giggle:

Probably not - she's young, bright and pretty. Difficult to believe we're related really.

Just been on to LV= and modified my policy from covering the part-exed Sportage, to cover the L&K. No probs with LV=, everything came up on their database immediately. Because of the free 1yr Skoda Recovery I've finished up with a refund! My insurance will need renewing in October, but on last years price Oct 2012-Oct 2013, they were quoting me £360, with protected NCB and Motor Legal expenses, with a £250 XS.

Update - having shared some of the concerns aired on here about having the 'wrong' car insured should I have an accident, I phoned LV= again and spoke to someone clearly much more on the ball, who found the L&K on their database and has amended my documents accordingly. Still no change to my premium.

• Like 3

So I've been playing with lots of quotes and most are pretty much in line with each other. I really wanted to stick with the Skoda insurance but the current renewal was pitched a bit on the high side. However, I visited the Skoda on line 'get a quote' site and sorted a quote at £50 less than the renewal. So far so good I thought, I'll just ring the Skoda people and get the cover changed and that would be that. No chance. They would not reduce sections of the cover and would not reduce the price. So I've opted for an on line version of the policy and saved myself some money. To be honest they were not like for like but I was happy for the current policy to be adjusted in some areas to reduce the premiums. I think this is pretty strange but the man said they were the same company but different 'policies' - I guess underwriters. It's still Skoda parts, garages and warranty.

• 5 weeks later...

I phoned up for the free 7 days Skoda insurance and they went through giving me a quote for a year which was £273 fully comp with protected ncb, I told them I had got a cheaper quote and they couldn't match the other price but knocked £50 off which made it £223 so I went for it.

Changed 2010 Superb Elegance 170 4x4 to 2013 Yeti 170 L&K for dad earlier this year - with Admiral insurance. 

They changed it within minutes and had no charges to make this change to the policy! - Happy! 

Al.