Whats delivery like?

Just put in an order today for a 1.2Tsi 86 SE, with esp and cruise plus various bits and bobs added which obviously makes it a factory build. I`ve been given a sort of vague 12ish weeks for delivery. It does seem a bit of a long time tbh but has anyone got any practical experience of present delivery times...thanks....certainly looking forward to getting it

interesting read for you

not sure if all these will come through skoda UK, but as you have added ESP and the article below seems to indicate it will be standard kit before yours is built might be worth speaking to dealer or skoda UK

as a note I can't find the same announcement on skoda UK's site

from

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?act=url&depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.skoda-auto.cz/news/2013-04-26-modelova-rada&usg=ALkJrhiuZ2zMPIX1JYyk4dBJQZeq8FMYdw

The Škoda now safer and more versatile

4/26/2013

From June 2013 to the Citigo, Fabia, Roomster, Yeti and Rapid will get many innovations and improvements - Enhanced safety features, the new Simply Clever solutions and attractive new engines

SNIP...

Active safety and design are the unifying element in most new model series ŠKODA Fabia and Roomster. The popular small car is the first MPV SKODA will now offer electronic stability system as standard ESC in all equipment levels. The enhanced security also contributes Simply Clever new element in the form of so-called children's rearview mirror. This is an optional panoramic mirror that allows the driver to control the children in the rear seats without having to turn and lost an overview of the road ahead.

mind you ,you have to love google translate

optional panoramic mirror that allows the driver to control the children in the rear seats

now that I want, do they do one for swmbo or satnag in passenger seat ?????

I was quoted the other week by Cafyyins salesman that factory orders were 12 to 14 weeks for Roomster, luckley we bought a Roomster SE TSI 86ps in blue basic spec and there was waiting on the dockside in Germany and we had it in 2 weeks.

Thanks for the replies very interesting..will certainly be getting onto the dealer, first. to see whats what...will keep you posted

Dealer confirmed the above yesterday....Apparantly some other bits and bats being changed as well on all Roomsters built from the 27th May...They are trying to find out for me..

result then, is your price going to change as some extra's you added now going to be standard (ESP) ??

and did the salesman have that "oh ****, there goes my margin / bonus" look ?

Edited by bluecar1

Suprisingly not...Dealer have confirmed the price will go down as a result of this and the salesman, Kevin at DM Keith wakefield, was pleased about it tbh....I bought it at one of the so called VIP Events, which SUK put a lot of money into..as a result got a good trade in price, they beat Drivethedeal by £25 and guaranteed my trade in price regardless of how long delivery takes...Guess the salesman gets a good deal from these do`s as well :giggle:

To answer the original question

I ordered my Roomster SE 1.6TDi on 11th April (7 weeks ago). Told at the time that delivery was 10-12 weeks. Just been told it's in Grimsby for delivery into Keith's in Bradford early next week.

Don't want to count my chickens before they're hatched, but looks like 8 weeks or so from order to receipt.

That means I'll have it in time for my holiday and won't need to pay for another service on the Octavia :whew:

Good news indeed Eccleshill, hope I`m as lucky with mine....interestingly I`m moving from a similar age Octy as well....we need the more versatile space for the new granddaughter and the amazing amount of odd shaped `stuff` that seems to come with her :giggle:

Good news indeed Eccleshill, hope I`m as lucky with mine....interestingly I`m moving from a similar age Octy as well....we need the more versatile space for the new granddaughter and the amazing amount of odd shaped `stuff` that seems to come with her :giggle:

Wow! She must have a lot of kit! 2 grandkids (3 & 6 now) and never had any bother getting them and all their stuff in the Octavias - struggled a bit with SWMBO's Micra though! Stuff expands to fill available space - better cancel the Roomster and get a Transit :rofl: .

My reason was changing financial situation needed a reduction in costs. VAT free, free 3yrs servicing, lower monthly repayments, lower tax, lower insurance, better fuel economy and all with the same/more interior space means the Roomster fits the bill perfectly.

Had one as a courtesy car last July that gave me a 24hr test drive. Did a couple of hundred miles and loved it! Decided there and then that when the PCP came to an end on the Octy the Roomster was going to be high on the list.

I am really going to miss the 1.8TSi and DSG but all good things must come to an end...

Just been advised by the dealer today that delivery is approx 6 weeks from start of build week, which in my case hasnt been decided yet...Still gives me time to add some extra bits on. Interestingly I asked if they would be prepared to fit some Osram Night Breaker + bulbs in it at PDI, which they readily agreed to and as a goodwill gesture and let me source them from the cheapest place..Well pleased indeed

Good luck for to morrow...hope all goes well...would be interested in your first impressions

2nd impressions :rofl:

Had a 200 mile 24hr test drive in a 1.6 TDi 90PS - felt it was a little short of "ooomph" but stepping down from a 160PS 1.8TSI that is hardly surprising. That is why I went for the 105PS version and by happy coincidence DMK's had a 105PS Tdi SE on their courtesy car fleet so got a short test run in that. The test car was red - that confirmed my view that red is NOT a good Roomster colour. Looks too muck like a Post Office van! Sorry if you have oerered Red!! :think:

What really impressed both SWMBO and me was the interior space - the light airy interior from the full length sunroof. It was comfortable and really relaxing to drive. Had a great day out in it on the East coast (Bempton Cliffs and Brid) that probably coloured the view of the car.

The test car was red - that confirmed my view that red is NOT a good Roomster colour. Looks too muck like a Post Office van! Sorry if you have oerered Red!! :think:

Thats just what we said..I wanted Cappuchino but the Chancellor of our Exchequer said it was Silver or nothing :@ ...We had a shorter test drive but certainly long enough to confirm it was a good drive with `chuckability` and lots of space and light. Totally unlike the Rapid SE I went out in first. Poor quality interior with the driving dynamics of a dodgem. The steering was just too light. The Roomster was far better and the deal was too good to refuse tbh

The Roomster was far better and the deal was too good to refuse tbh

Too right!! Zero VAT, 3yrs servicing makes the Roomster one of the bargains of the decade!

Add to that a P.Ex offer on the Octavia that gave me back 57% of what I paid after 33 months (after some haggling!!) and I was well pleased.

We have just taken delivery (last month) I have a blue metalic Roomster SE TSI 86 ps (now named Big Blue) and have just driven down to Somerset and back 470 miles round trip, fantastic drive there and back over the moon with it. :rofl:

Just had the good news from the dealer..Now been given build week 32 (5th August) with 6 week delivery after that :rock: ....more popular than many people realise...but one helluva wait for me :@

Just had the good news from the dealer..Now been given build week 32 (5th August) with 6 week delivery after that :rock: ....more popular than many people realise...but one helluva wait for me :@

WHAT!!!!

That is 17 weeks! Over twice the time I had to wait. Didn't get the full running commentary on the progress of mine so first news was when it was in Grimsby. Can't believe 6 wks from build to delivery. I thought it was more like 3

Does seem ridiculous and frankly for a car thats been in production so long it takes some believing. I`ve told them that if it does turn up later in August I wont accept registration before 1st September anyway. We shall see, although if I had only had to secure it with say £100 I think I might have kicked it into touch and looked at something else, but we are where we are. Anyways hows yours running so far, well I trust..

Does seem ridiculous and frankly for a car thats been in production so long it takes some believing..

I wonder if they have got their numbers wrong somewhere. Can't believe that between me ordering mine on 11th April and you ordering yours on 25th MAy that they took so many orders that delivery wnet out 9 weeks! Maybe 2 weeks for their summer shut but not 9!

Anyways hows yours running so far, well I trust..

Loving it! Biggest surprise is how well the 1.6TDi pulls and how quiet it is. On a short motorway run it cruised beautifully at 80 ( erm I mean 70) with barely a whisper from the engine and (contra the Octavia!!) very little tyre noise. At 70mph in 5th it is pulling a mere 2000rpm! Taking it fairly steady for first few miles so fuel consumption may not be representative but I filled it up immediately after picking it up. Done 250 miles, fuel gauge is just below 3/4 and maxidot is showing 500 miles left with overall consumption of 61mpg. Time will tell the accuracy of the maxidot and how it will drop when I start using my right foot a little more.

Only very slight niggle is the climate control that seems to blow a gale through the vents at all times when on auto so I have to manually reduce the fan speed or even switch it off. Big change from the "set it and forget it" dual zone in the Octy.

Oh! And as others have said, the gear change indicator is a joke. Dear Mr Skoda - it will NOT pull up a gentle gradient in 5th at 1100rpm - it growls and vibrates like hell!

Good to hear it :sun: ..Mine is the 86bhp petrol due to mostly town stop and start but its possible that the dates might be changed within the next 2 weeks, is the latest I was told yesterday. Skoda build planning seems erratic, dealer has even told me of cars that have turned up on the dockside in Grimsby, with the computer showing them still under construction :wall:

Will have to be patient, but nice to hear you`ve had a sucessful transit from the Octy...re Climate Control I had it on my Fabia in the past and didnt bother with it this time, but did add on Maxidot (and heated seats for my bad back you understand :giggle: ). I had same probs as you with it. All the best

Things looking up, just heard today that build week has been brought forward by 4 weeks to 8th July..still in the area where it could change again so expecting delivery at the end of next month :sun: ..although have been told of a Scout with lots of extras, in white, already at a UK port if anyone is interested

I wonder if they have got their numbers wrong somewhere. Can't believe that between me ordering mine on 11th April and you ordering yours on 25th MAy that they took so many orders that delivery wnet out 9 weeks! Maybe 2 weeks for their summer shut but not 9!

Loving it! Biggest surprise is how well the 1.6TDi pulls and how quiet it is. On a short motorway run it cruised beautifully at 80 ( erm I mean 70) with barely a whisper from the engine and (contra the Octavia!!) very little tyre noise. At 70mph in 5th it is pulling a mere 2000rpm! Taking it fairly steady for first few miles so fuel consumption may not be representative but I filled it up immediately after picking it up. Done 250 miles, fuel gauge is just below 3/4 and maxidot is showing 500 miles left with overall consumption of 61mpg. Time will tell the accuracy of the maxidot and how it will drop when I start using my right foot a little more.

Only very slight niggle is the climate control that seems to blow a gale through the vents at all times when on auto so I have to manually reduce the fan speed or even switch it off. Big change from the "set it and forget it" dual zone in the Octy.

Oh! And as others have said, the gear change indicator is a joke. Dear Mr Skoda - it will NOT pull up a gentle gradient in 5th at 1100rpm - it growls and vibrates like hell!

Strangely enough when we first had a mornings test drive in a dealers demonstraitor it was noiser than another test drive with a demonstraitor from another dealor who we bought our Roomster from, both road noise and engine noise also the firmness of the suspension was less harsh and a better ride who we eventualy. The one we have just bought is a great drive, I was wondering if the factory has changed the setup of the car reciently.